• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

KLH Model 25: Is it worth saving or selling to a better home ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigOSpeaky

New Member
Hi everyone my name is Juan, ive had a KLH Model 25 for a good time now and dont really play it and has a good amount of wear and use. Some parts are not in working order but the speakers do bump hard with a few taps here and there. Any way i was wondering if anyone can kinda aid me in pin pointing a selling price because im just gonna switch to a turntable and simple speakers to play my vinyls. I can post pictures when i get a chance to show what i got. Id like help ill post pics soon, your help would be greatly appreciated
 
Register to hide this ad
My opinion is that the local market will determine what you get for it unless you sell on ebay and offer pick up only; shipping would be far more than its value. I bought mine on the local CL for $75, it looks really nice and works well after re-doping and re-capping the speakers to the tune of about $20 (the speakers are VERY nice after the work). At 32 inches long, it's a cool console in a compact but heavy package. I use it as more of a novelty or if I want background music from FM or iPod since I have a better turntable that will treat my records better than that heavy-handed Garrard. In other areas they sell for more or less than mine. Depending on what's wrong with yours, it may be a parts machine. Some folks lust over these things, I've read several threads about them here. But demand isn't high. All IMHO.

edit: Whoops, this belongs in Dollars and Sense, I think. Sorry to post a reply before it's moved.
 
Last edited:
Well here's the console I mentioned at the top. Its really good looking I've shown it off in pics and people like it but not enough to make me cash offers. What do you think, could I post this for like $150 or best offer no less then $100 ? I'm in southern CA
 
I hesitate to post again in this forum; it needs to be moved to Dollars and Sense, I hope the moderators will do that--you'll get more feedback from members there, too. If you're thinking CL, there's no harm in trying. I for one think they have that kind of value just because the amplifier and speaker sections are superb, much more so than competing Magnavox, Curtis Mathes, Sylvania, and so on offerings from the era. Yours is a bit beat, but someone will clean it up. Good luck with it. I'm listening to mine right now with an iPod in the AUX input--it's lovely.
 
I don't know what it's worth but I have an idea of what it isn't worth. There has been one of these on the SF Bay Area craigslist for months and months, maybe even a year, at a price of $399.00 ("priced to move" ;)). It appears to be very good cosmetically and is advertised as being in good working condition.

John
 
Thread closed. Value questions belong in the Dollars and Sense forum, and that forums rules prohibit mention that you're selling.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom