• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

KLH Model 5

Do you have a digital multi meter? If so, do a quick DC check on the receiver.
Good advice but bear in mind that it may be happening intermittently / randomly so if you get a good reading don't assume that the amp is ok. In my case it was an intermittent flaky driver stage transistor coupled with a malfunctioning protection circuit ("perfect storm" I guess).

Make sure you hear the relay click when you power it up, also power it up with music playing so that you can determine if the relay is breaking the speaker circuit or if it has been bypassed.

If music plays right away when powered up then it may have been bypassed or may be frozen closed. The protection circuit can also fail and not detect D.C. too so don't rule it out even if the relay works.
 
MUCH THANKS everyone !!!! I am going to take it to a qualified tech this Sunday... I`ll let you know the results asap... Mean while I have some more woofer swapping to do !
 
Back
Top Bottom