• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

KLH Model 5's

I just applied Roy's sealant to one of my 26's woofers. Roughly 12 hours ago, sealant is still extremely tacky. When the speaker is pressed down it rebounds very quickly. Two of the speaker screws were stripped/the particle board has chipped away. So I probably have an air leak there. How do I know if I need to apply a second coat?

Thanks

The speaker will continue to rebound quickly until you get a good seal. I have generally gone with 2 coats, but on a very old set of 6's I just got with low serial #'s I had to apply 3 coats to get the desired effect. The original permanent grills were not present so I had to build grills and I actually used black grill cloth to modernize the look a little. The walnut veneer was almost perfect so with a little sanding, tung oil, and the grills these 6's are really nice. The dual oil filled caps I left alone. The 8uf's had already been changed out. I'll put some pics up sometime soon.
 
Back
Top Bottom