• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

KLH model 6 speakers

ianj454

Active Member
A pair of KLH model 6 speakers have popped up locally for $135. I really don't need another set of speakers, but they would make nice B speakers with my Wharfdale mach 5's. The add just says near mint condition. Is this a good deal or should I pass?
 

Attachments

  • 1347064106524_dsc04219_resized.jpg
    1347064106524_dsc04219_resized.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 25
  • 1347064182540_dsc04218_resized.jpg
    1347064182540_dsc04218_resized.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 15
  • 1347064239524_dsc04220_resized.jpg
    1347064239524_dsc04220_resized.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 28
Register to hide this ad
I think they are worth $100 in excellent shape. Fortunately those are the later model with the removable grill. It makes it about 10,000 times easier to restore.

One of the much later models had vinyl veneer. It looks like those might be the ones. I personally would pass on vinyl cabinets. Part of the charm and beauty of those speakers is the real wood. For sound alone, you can do better with that money.
 
ok thanks for the heads up I couldn't tell if it was vinyl or real wood, that was the only thing that had me interested in the first place
 
Last edited:
the vinyl was just a cheaper option. those are real wood veneer. if they come with the stands then $135 would be on the high end. i wouldnt pay any more than $100 for just the speakers.
 
Back
Top Bottom