• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

KLH Model 6 value

ellukay

Member
Moved this discussion over from the Speakers forum.
I saw these KLH model 6's coming up for sale about 50mi from my house.
I cant find out what they're asking unless I go to the sale. Just wondering if they are something worth checking out and what is a fair price to pay for them assuming they are in working order. Ive looked on ebay and did some quick image searches and only found one reference to this style of model 6, and there wasn't much info there. Any information about value or rarity would be great!
Thanks Luke!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2591.jpg
    IMG_2591.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 39
Register to hide this ad
i'm not familiar w/ that model. is that an OEM grill?

i paid a bit over $100 for mine and they had been partly restored. the cloth surrounds had been redoped and grills redone. they still need to be recapped (on my to do list).

something to watch out for: early 6s had the woofers glued to the cabinet. apparently very hard to get them off. the recommended method for accessing the crossover to do a recap is to cut a hole in the back of the cabinet so the crossover can be removed. better to avoid those models.
 
KLH 6s are a pain to work on but I would go after those if the price was right. They look awesome! Go get them before I do.
 
Moved this discussion over from the Speakers forum.
I saw these KLH model 6's coming up for sale about 50mi from my house.
I cant find out what they're asking unless I go to the sale. Just wondering if they are something worth checking out and what is a fair price to pay for them assuming they are in working order. Ive looked on ebay and did some quick image searches and only found one reference to this style of model 6, and there wasn't much info there. Any information about value or rarity would be great!
Thanks Luke!

I am not an expert, but I have a set of KLH 6 speakers. I've never seen any with grilles like those in your photo, but again, I'm no expert. Maybe they are KLH 6 speakers.

I paid $9.99 at a thrift store in NC for mine, late model with one blown tweeter and vinyl veneer. An AK member helped me out with a replacement tweeter, it dropped right in, and I still have and use mine every single day; they are the front speakers in my HT setup.

I looked on eBay and clicked on 'Advanced' and 'Sold Items' and I see prices all over the place. $50 a pair 'as-is' to $350 a pair. And then there is shipping on top of that. None had the fancy grilles I see in your photo, though. Are you sure they are KLH 6 speakers?

Anyway, if I had to offer a suggestion, I'd say if they are truly KLH 6 speakers, in excellent shape and with rare grilles, then a couple hundred bucks would be reasonable. I'd never pay that, I'm a cheap bastard. But it appears others have paid that kind of money for KLH 6 speakers in good shape without the fancy grilles. I'm just guessing though. I am not an authority on the subject.
 
Back
Top Bottom