• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

KLH TT, opinions?

Register to hide this ad
My parents had a KLH system that was very similar, if not the same, about 35-40 years ago. I used to spin British Invasion and Motown 45s at high volume on it, until they got pissed and made me buy my own stereo. Pretty good quality at the time, a cut above the cheaper consoles of the era.

Unless it were dirt cheap, and I needed something for the garage, I'd probably pass on that unit. Better to buy a vintage stand-alone turntable with better performance and more flexibility.
 
KLH did a great job of packaging good sound into the compact format of an all-in-one system like that little one. That's a Garrard changer built into it and usually came with Pickering carts.

The speakers are full range - can't remember the model number - which were also used as midrange speakers in the Model 5 speaker systems.

Cheers,

David
 
I've got the 24. Similar but it has a tuner (am/fm) and the speakers are 2-way. Sounds pretty good. I paid significantly less than $110 for it.

Ray
 
Those KLH systems sound better than the various parts suggest they should. But that's not a particularly cheap price, and those are the smaller speakers, which don't have the range that the larger ones that came with those systems (I think the 14 and the 20) did.
 
Back
Top Bottom