• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Klipsch 10-120 on the Cheap

wrw3

New Member
I recently picked up an immaculate Klipsch 10-120 subwoofer for $10. As with many of these, the cement used on the circuit boards had degraded over time and become conductive, and the internal amp no longer functioned. The box was flawless, the foam on the speaker was good, and impedance looked about right. My HiFi listening occurs in my office at home - low volumes and mostly jazz. I have a Kenwood KR-7400 I bought new in 1976, to a good-sounding pair of Bose bookshelf speakers. I added a Fosi Audio MO3 mono amp and converted the Klipsch to a passive sub. (BTW I take speaker level outputs on the B circuit of the KR-7400 into a $20 audio accessory for cars ( kisloc2 stereo line-output converter) to convert to line-level, which then goes into the MO3. I run A+B on my speaker switch - and viola! a really great enhancement to my sound. I don't have to run with the loudness switch on - and it all sounds great - for about $100. So many of these subs made by a legendary company are no longer working - and can be had cheap. It doesn't take much to give them a new lease on life. Blessings, all!
 
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom