• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Klipsch CF-3, Version 1 Rattle?

plschles

Member
Hi. I read that I need to take off the back panel of my Klipsch CF-3, version 1 to better brace the back panel (rattles when bass hits). Never took off the back panel before, can someone walk me through how they did it? Don't want to ruin the panel in any way. Thanks.
 
Register to hide this ad
Well first, you need to take the front panel off to get to the back panel. Seriously. Pull the 6 rubber speaker grill grommets and there are Phillips screws behind them. Is the bass causing the back panel to make a "thwacking" sound? I had to repair the CF-3's I had not too long ago because of that. Miss those speakers...should've kept them.

I'll see if I can find any pics or a thread where I did that. I might have posted them on the Klipsch Comminity forum.
 
@plschles

Found some pics if you can make sense of them and what I did. It wasnt too bad to do and I also added a couple of cross braces and some mass on the top and bottom panel. They rattle because of faulty glue and possibly a lack of them even getting glue where it should have been...if they were like mine. Looked line glue was put in on Mary Jane Monday on the ones I had. Lol


IMG_3728.JPG

IMG_3727.JPG

IMG_3729.JPG

IMG_3723.JPG

IMG_3725.JPG

IMG_3724.JPG
 
We had Hersey's and CF-2 and 3 problems from the same period. Some of the Forte I weren't glued that well either. I don't remember any CF 4 problems, but suspect there were issues there, too. We installed some CF 3 in a band room toggling the back plate the wall at standing ear height. The backs came off and the speakers slid to the floor. We glued and screwed them back together with out further issues.
 
Back
Top Bottom