• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Klipsch Cornwall I vs Snell Type Ai

Will2225

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I've gotten to the point where I just need to downsize and I have three turntables (a pioneer PL 530, a rega rp3, a Thorens TD 150), a Marantz 2325, a Marantz 2270, a Fisher 500c an early model decware mini torii, an audio research sp-9mkii and now Snell type Ai speakers with brand new woofers and a very attractive looking set of Klipsch Cornwalls with crites CT 120 tweeters and recapped crossovers. I'm already in the process of selling some equipment that has issues but now I'm stuck. I know I need to downsize and I don't have room for two large sets of speakers plus the JBL l150s that I'm fixing up. I'm torn though, the Snell's sound fantastic with even the few watts the decware puts out, and I'm waiting to see how it will improve once I hook it up to the 2325. I feel like the Snell's might be the better speakers once I bi amp them but I think to get the best out of them I'd have to invest in different power amps. I love Cornwalls, they're very dynamic and have a beautiful high end, yet the Snell's are more laid back and I think image better. For anyone who has heard both Snell type A's and Cornwall I speakers, which would you choose? Should I try to sell some of my gear to invest in a better overall amp and/or try to keep both speakers even with my very limited space?
 
Register to hide this ad
IMHO, keep both. Two totally different sounds. You will regret selling if you do. I owned a set of Magneplanar Tympani 1c’s. Sold them. Fast forward to now, and though I have nice speakers, I would still love to have the Maggie’s in the mix.
 
Back
Top Bottom