• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Klipsch Forte II's - $900 (Aurora)

Mystery

constantly upgrading...
Noaf... price looks on the high side...

http://denver.craigslist.org/ele/2895377769.html

Klipsch Forte II's - $900 (Aurora)
Date: 2012-03-10, 2:56PM MST
Reply to: hccxn-2895377769@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
I have for sale one (1) pair of vintage Klipsch Forte II's in Oak Oil Finish with consecutive serial numbers. They have not been modified in any way and are in immaculate condition. They have been used very little over the years and never abused. All drivers are in perfect condition with no issues whatsoever. Surrounds are perfect, Dust caps are perfect. Grills are perfect with badges intact. Risers are perfect. No water stains, discoloration, major scratches, etc. Against a brand new pair I would rate them a 9 out of 10. Against all other used pairs of Forte II's that I have seen for sale on Ebay or Craigslist over the years I would rate them a 10 out of 10. I truly do not believe you can find a pair in better condition.

I am not a reseller. These are from my personal collection and I am the original owner of 20 years. I love these speakers as much today as the day I purchased them. I simply do not have the room for them any longer and would like to pass them on to someone who can appreciate them as much as I have.
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I Saw a pair local here for 150 and I Couldn't get the guy down to 100 bucks

Looks like I Should have just paid the 150 ?
 
900 is high for a pair of II's that haven't been updated. At least around here. I have a pair in Walnut that are in the same condition as the sellers and I would be lucky to get 700..... But if that's the going rate in CO., and you really want a pair, then I guess you can wait or bite the bullet.
They are fine speakers indeed.
150 for a pair of II's is a royal gift. If they are in playable condition.
 
I paid about $400 for mine and I have never regretted it. I think $900 would be fair if they were loaded with upgrades from Bob Crites. These speakers do a lot of things very well, but they aren't terribly difficult to find.

Oh, and Alucard, $150 is an absolute steal if they are in good shape. The cheapest I have seen them in my area is $300 in fair condition.
 
I Know That They Were Forte's If they were the I or The II .
I Can't Remember maybe they were the ones and that makes them cheaper ?
they were Also beat to hell.
but they "Sounded Great" I Didn't know what they were worth I Guess. And I Dropped the ball

I Have pictures of them if anybody wants to See

I Am just saying I Think 900 bucks is too much for them when you can get a nice set of Heresy's or la scalas for like 1000 if you look hard enough
 
Last edited:
Hey, It happens to the best of us.:yes:
Plus if they were beat to hell and they were the I's then it's understandable and not so bad a mistake.
Now if you are paying 1000 for a pair of Heresy's then you are gettin' robbed. They can be found for a lot less than that. I prefer the sound of the Forte I's or II's to the Heresy's myself.:dunno: Might be in the minority but find the forte's to be a better balanced speaker.
Just my 0.02
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom