• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Klipsch Heresy speakers value

Kelsey

Active Member
In the local paper there a pair of Klipsch Heresy speakers for sale at $550.00. I don't belong to the audiogon site so I can't access the blue book on these speakers. What is a realistic price for these and what should you be looking at?
The photograghs look ok.
 
Register to hide this ad
In the local paper there a pair of Klipsch Heresy speakers for sale at $550.00. I don't belong to the audiogon site so I can't access the blue book on these speakers. What is a realistic price for these and what should you be looking at?
The photograghs look ok.

Are they original Heresy speakers (e.g. Heresy I or H700), Heresy II or Heresy III? Have they been modified / upgraded $550 seems high to me unless they are something special.

-D
 
There is a pair local to me I can get for $175, still thinking about it.
I believe they are Heresy I, 1977 by serial #.
 
They are Hersey 2 speakers. The ad doesn't say anything about upgrades. The seller hasn't answered his phone,
 
Why has this not been moved to D&S by a mod yet? There is a question of value right in the subject! AK'ers love discussing speaker value, but it needs to be posted in the correct place!
 
Why has this not been moved to D&S by a mod yet? There is a question of value right in the subject! AK'ers love discussing speaker value, but it needs to be posted in the correct place!

Just hit the report button to bring it to their attention.
report.gif
 
Last edited:
A Heresy III new will set you back $850 per speaker. Around here on CL they usually get listed between 350 and 500 a pair and seem to move, not quickly but they do. It also is dependent upon what finish they are, raw baltic birch being the most common, oiled walnut or other more rare veneers bring up the price a bit, Decorators and the odd corner cabinet versions are more rare and bring a premium as well.

Locally there are a pair of very modified, re-veneered Heresy IIs listed for 1200 some odd, now that is way north of where I would ever expect them.
 
Back
Top Bottom