• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Klipsch KG-4... what’s it worth?

BigBogner

Member
I’ve got the opportunity to buy a very clean pair of Klipsch KG-4’s for $200. Any experience with these? How would they compare to my JBL P30’s? I’m not sure I really have the room for them, but damn do they look cool.

I’ve never heard a pair of Klipsch but know they have a solid reputation, and I’ve been curious about hearing something other than the JBL’s lately.

In addition to the speakers, they’ve got a Dual 1215s (w Pickering V-15 Phase IV), a Sony TA-1066 and a Sony ST-5600.

They're asking $200 for the speakers or $300 for everything. I don’t necessarily need the amp, tuner, or TT but figure if nothing else I can make my money back reselling.

Only catch is it’s a 4.5hr drive each way. Worth it?
 
Register to hide this ad
The drive is up to you but in terms of equipment i’d say $300 is a pretty good deal. I (regretfully) sold my black KG-4’s in fair condition for $250 locally a few months ago. I liked everything about them except for the fact they were too wide for an apartment. It has that distinct klipsch horn character with solid low end. You could probably make a good chunk, if not your whole investment back by selling the amp and tuner if you don’t like them or just give everything and shot for a couple days and sell what you don’t like.
 
The drive is up to you but in terms of equipment i’d say $300 is a pretty good deal. I (regretfully) sold my black KG-4’s in fair condition for $250 locally a few months ago. I liked everything about them except for the fact they were too wide for an apartment. It has that distinct klipsch horn character with solid low end. You could probably make a good chunk, if not your whole investment back by selling the amp and tuner if you don’t like them or just give everything and shot for a couple days and sell what you don’t like.

Hmm... debating whether that drive is worth the speaker upgrade, or if it’s even an upgrade at all. I’m in the same boat if not having a ton of space (townhouse).
 
I’ve got the opportunity to buy a very clean pair of Klipsch KG-4’s for $200....Only catch is it’s a 4.5hr drive each way. Worth it?

Is 9hr's of your time really worth it for a pair of so-so, depending on who you talk to, speakers?
 
Unsure of your location... if these are the only set you have seen in months then that may weigh into your decision. Gas, time, wear and tear.... your time and your $$$ only you know what that is worth. My SUV I would have $50 in gas alone.

I would have him facetime or send me a video. Nothing worse than making that trek and they dont have a driver working or are not as described.

Most of those KG series can be had reasonably, perform well and sound decent regardless of what you power them with (within reason). Last set I had sold for $275 about 6 months ago. Fairly clean and complete and the light oak color.
 
Unsure of your location... if these are the only set you have seen in months then that may weigh into your decision. Gas, time, wear and tear.... your time and your $$$ only you know what that is worth. My SUV I would have $50 in gas alone.

I would have him facetime or send me a video. Nothing worse than making that trek and they dont have a driver working or are not as described.

Most of those KG series can be had reasonably, perform well and sound decent regardless of what you power them with (within reason). Last set I had sold for $275 about 6 months ago. Fairly clean and complete and the light oak color.


I’m in Oregon, so there are a pretty decent amount of deals to be had. (I scored a Pioneer SX-880 for $200 and a Marantz 2230 w/ 6300 for $100 a few weeks ago.)

I honestly haven’t even been actively looking for new speakers, just saw these pop up and thought if it was a good enough deal, I could justify a 9 hour drive by supplementing it with a hike (the location of the gear is beautiful and I’ve yet to visit).

At this point however, it’s sounding like these would be more a lateral move than an upgrade from the JBL’s the more I look into it.

I’ll likely pass on this one and see if I can’t find a better upgrade locally.
 
Back
Top Bottom