• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Klipsch RF-3 or Forte II

I hesitate to ask, only because it's obvious to me that we hear things quite differently, but what did you dislike about the KV-4? I use one with my four CF3 and like it very much. I'm surprised you find the BIC to be a better match to your CF4s but then I don't have to listen to your system and vice versa.

cubdog
 
I hesitate to ask, only because it's obvious to me that we hear things quite differently, but what did you dislike about the KV-4? I use one with my four CF3 and like it very much. I'm surprised you find the BIC to be a better match to your CF4s but then I don't have to listen to your system and vice versa.

cubdog

KV-4 did not have vocal clarity in my opinion. Dialogue was unclear and it severely lacked in the bass dept. Soundstage was narrow and the speaker seemed much less efficient than it's spec. Commentary always seemed to lack depth due to lack of bass. Also could not take much power.

Now I realize the best center speaker is using the same speaker as my left and right fronts. However this is the best I can use due to space constraints. Now my living room setup has matching speakers for lcr and surrounds as well as matching subs and it does make a huge difference with multichannel music and movies..
 
Last edited:
Well it looks like I will be picking up a pair of CF-1 speakers for my rears tomorrow. Oh man I promised myself I would keep this bedroom setup simple but I love excess.
 
On second thought, looking at the reviews for the CF-1 speakers are rough. People are stating they are very bad in the high frequencies. Makes me doubt if I should buy them now. But so many people are using low powered amps with these speakers I'm not sure how valid these negative comments are. Not sure what to do now on this potential purchase. Anyone heard the CF-1 speakers? I'm wondering if their highs are far inferior to the CF-3s and CF-4s.
 
Last edited:
Well the seller was a douche bag so I wont be purchasing the CF-1 pair. 6.5 " woofers is too small for my taste anyway. There is also a pair of Klipsch KM-6 speakers near me. I understand these are the military version of the KG 5.5. I like their specs but they seem a little big for rear speakers in a bedroom setup.
 
Last edited:
After further research I see the CF-1 speakers use a different tweeter than what the rest of the series uses. Looks like I dodged a bullet there. Definitely dont want cheap tweeter and inferior sound. I will pounce on any CF-2 speakers that show up on CL near my area.The Bic Pl-28II center speaker is breaking in nicely. Vocal clarity is great. Low end response is punchy, high end response is fairly good. However there is a null in the upper mid frequencies which gives a hollow sound at times but overrall I'm very impressed for the money.

Speaker is very efficient and easily keeps up with the CF-4 speakers in pure spl. I had the older Bic Pl-28 back in 2008 but I returned it due to shrill, tinny highs. But then again I was using a receiver to power my setup back then. However it seems the crossover is much improved in this newer version on the Pl-28.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom