samjohn_nic
New Member
Hi guys,
I am new to the forum and never had a high end speaker. I recently bought a pair of Klipsch RF800B with a max output of 150w at 8 ohms and connected it to my Yamaha HTR 6080 7.1 receiver with an output of 120w/channel at 8 ohms. I am happy with it but I am noticing that I am having to crank up the volume to -15db to -10db to have it louder. My previous polk satellite speakers used to give me awesome sound at -27 db. I still have the Polk sub which makes quite a punch but can you guys advise me on what I am doing here? Sorry I am not an expert but any advice on how to get the best out of my speakers at lesser dbs would be really appreciated. Thank you!
I am new to the forum and never had a high end speaker. I recently bought a pair of Klipsch RF800B with a max output of 150w at 8 ohms and connected it to my Yamaha HTR 6080 7.1 receiver with an output of 120w/channel at 8 ohms. I am happy with it but I am noticing that I am having to crank up the volume to -15db to -10db to have it louder. My previous polk satellite speakers used to give me awesome sound at -27 db. I still have the Polk sub which makes quite a punch but can you guys advise me on what I am doing here? Sorry I am not an expert but any advice on how to get the best out of my speakers at lesser dbs would be really appreciated. Thank you!