• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Klipsch sub on sale

Register to hide this ad
No experience, but reviews are positive. It is a 4 yr/old model, holding a 4.5+ rating. I think for the money, even at this discount price, I'd go with a Dayton SB-1500. I don't like the fact the Klipsch doesn't have speaker wire inputs, but that's just me.
 
Thanks, that's a good point about the speaker wire inputs. I know some people have strong opinions regarding low level vs speaker level inputs. I have posted to an older thread about this in the speakers forum, we'll see how contentious that gets.
 
My son has the 15 inch previous and it performs very well. Remember the sub has to be able to move 4 times the volume of air that your speakers do iff you crossover at 80 hz. So if you have a pair of Hersey's you could be on the edge of not quite having enough. If you can extend your Herseys down to 50 HZ then crossing at 60 hz would be a better option. If you have Forte's or Chorus this not the speaker for you.
 
I'm seeing it at $149, they must like me more than you lol. At that price get two, connect them in stereo as speaker stands.

Screenshot_20201107-162907.png
 
Wow, regardless of its status in the subwoofer chain that sure seems like a great purchase. I would proceed with it except that I picked up an Energy S10.3 for $100. I’m super happy with it. Any opinions?
 
Wow, regardless of its status in the subwoofer chain that sure seems like a great purchase. I would proceed with it except that I picked up an Energy S10.3 for $100. I’m super happy with it. Any opinions?

The Dayton Audio Sub 1200 from Parts Express sells for $148 all day long if the price hasn't changed:dunno:

Appears to be currently out of stock, not surprising for how much sub you get for the money.

Screenshot_20201107-164303.png

And I see the price went up $1 lol.
 
Back
Top Bottom