• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Klipschorns overhaul

KISSRMYCSM

New Member
Well, found my forever speakers a few weeks ago for an incredibly stupid price. My Bob Crites upgrades came in and are being replaced. Basically brand new Klipschorns! Getting fabric replaced on side curtains as well. Now I have to move the Forte II's to the Kenwood KR-9600 and hear how they sound on that rig. Any thoughts on the Crites upgrades? These are going into a set of 1980's Khorns. Oh, I will be driving them with an ADCOM GFA-545 II and GFA-500.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2781.JPG
    IMG_2781.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3116.JPG
    IMG_3116.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_3117.JPG
    IMG_3117.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_3133.JPG
    IMG_3133.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_3134.JPG
    IMG_3134.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 77
Register to hide this ad
As with any upgrade, you need to make the call. Leave one stock and do the upgrade on the other and then do an a to b test to see which one you like the best. I heard brand new Khorns in 1985 and thought they sounded fine stock with my good younger ears. From what I've read some people like the Crites upgrade and some people go back to stock. Please post your results before and after. You should also a to b the Fortes to the Khorns.
 
Thanks for the advice/insight! Unfortunately, one woofer was frozen and the crossovers in both were bad. So, I had to basically replace everything. Will get them home soon and will post my thoughts on the Crites gear. I'm hopeful they will sound as big as the original Klipschorns. Regardless, I got them so inexpensive that even with the Crites upgrades and fabric, I've still got in just under $1,000 for the pair.
 
Back
Top Bottom