• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

KlipschTape! See pictures

kcline

Tube Audio Collector
DSCN0363.JPG DSCN0364.JPG DSCN0365.JPG Never seen these before, showed up at work this week with some other early stereo tapes. Recorded in 1955
 
Register to hide this ad
Cool! What condition is the tape in? High resolution digital copies of the masters are available for download. I have volume II, it sounds very nice but the musical performance is not the greatest but still worth a listen.
 
Now available on CD...


INDIANAPOLIS (May 30, 2012) — Klipsch, a leading global speaker manufacturer, today announces the reissue of KlipschTape, representing the best of the original Klipsch reel-to reel master tapes. After half a century, brand fans now have the opportunity to own a piece of company and overall industry history.

Originally conceived in 1956 by Paul W. Klipsch, audio pioneer and company founder, KlipschTape served as a side-line business to provide Klipsch customers with reference quality program material, as well as support compelling audio demonstrations at trade shows. Throughout its two-year existence, the KlipschTape department was able to create seven tapes that were amongst the earliest stereo recordings ever offered to the public. In addition, Klipsch was one of the first equipment manufacturers to attempt to make direct tape masters available to audio enthusiasts.

To resurrect a former milestone in audio history, present-day Klipsch representatives have worked with High Definition Tape Transfers (HDTT) to carefully preserve a sampling of Paul W. Klipsch’s original recordings. Audio enthusiasts can now purchase a KlipschTape as a physical disc or digital download. Also included is a rare 1954 interview with Paul W. Klipsch, as well as the original liner notes that accompanied the tapes.

“I am honored to have played a part in the rediscovery of Paul W. Klipsch’s early stereo recordings,” said Jim Hunter, curator of the Klipsch Museum of Audio History. “After uncovering the tape collection in storage nearly two years ago, its condition left me hesitant when it came to the thought of re-releasing the 1950’s recordings. When provided with the result of HDTT’s efforts, it became apparent that brand fans were going to have another chance to experience history, and there’s really no better feeling.”

The reissued KlipschTape is available for purchase at http://highdeftapetransfers.com and file types range from $7.99 (U.S. MSRP) to $36.50 (U.S. MSRP). For more information on the Klipsch brand and its product offering, please visit http://klipsch.com.
 
the link above does not work. I now have this tape. I will be looking at it closely. I also have now the other tapes you see in this picture.DSCN0358.JPG
 
You're right! I didn't try it prior to posting.... I poked around the Klipsch site and didn't find anything there either.... hmmmm..... I don't know if that was a one time thing or not.

None the less, they did make them, I think I have a copy of them somewhere here. I'll ask further just to satisfy my curiosity.
 
Back
Top Bottom