• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

KLISPSCH LASACALA and KLIPSCH KG4 help

cla6665

Active Member
i am using a set of KG4's and they work great with my tube equipment. i have the opportunity to pick up a set of klipsch lascalas in mint shape with original crossovers and drivers for $500.00.
is there a noticeable difference in the sound quality between these two? should i buy them or keep what i have?
 
Register to hide this ad
Horn loaded bass from the LaScallas will have a differant texture to the sound, I also suspect you KG4 will actually play lower as the LaScallas are not known for deep bass but efficient bass! The upper end of the LaScallas are certainly exciting!
DC
 
i am using a set of KG4's and they work great with my tube equipment. i have the opportunity to pick up a set of klipsch lascalas in mint shape with original crossovers and drivers for $500.00.
is there a noticeable difference in the sound quality between these two? should i buy them or keep what i have?

Buy the LaScala, sell the KG4 and now you've done it for $250!
 
Buy the LaScala, sell the KG4 and now you've done it for $250!

I agree! There are some really great mods for the LaScallas out there- their potential for improved sound is excellent! Even in their stock form they are not bad.
DC
 
Let your ears decide. I've had and sold Lascala's(BIG REGRET!). Fantastic sound stage. Depending on age, you might want to upgrade the crossovers ala Bob Crites. $500 is a great price.
 
They were made in 1988, unfinished cabinet, that is intriguing, I would love to stain them myself
 
I recently heard an early pair of LaScalas and I am a current owner of the KG4. Agreed with the others, the LaScala is superior as it should be.
 
I recommend you leave them unstained. Definetly will keep the resale price higher should you decide to do so. Add a sub, bet you keep em.
 
Why would you suggest to add a sub? Noe enough bass?
I mostly listen to jazz, lots of vocals, don't really like to much bass in there
 
I agree- the low end of the 'Scallas might be in the 50hz range, which is suitable for most Jazz content. Like I mentioned before there are numerous mods out there for this speaker, later on if you like you can add on to the cabinets, vent them, and get more extention from the bottom end. For the buy in price of $500 that is pretty good!
DC
 
I paid the same for my La Scalas that are in nice enough shape but certainly not mint. I thought I got a great deal. The price is certainly right. I replaced KG-3.2s and I'm very pleased that I did despite my room being very small. I've never heard KG-4s but I imagine they are fairly similar to the 3.2s. I think you'll like the La Scalas. If you don't like them you will have no problem recouping the purchase price.
 
Back
Top Bottom