I was "window shopping" on E-PREY today and saw a FM-100b with a BIN of 150 Washingtons. I was seriously thinking about it when it dawned on me that my KM-60 looks very similar. So I pulled it out from shelf and did some parts counts on the top and noted the layout. Layout of topside parts and tubes are identical. Tube counts and types are identical, MPX is same, same knob count, etc. Pulled the manuals for both and it looks like the KM-60 is a stripped down variant of the 100b. Fewer parts count in the Front End and IF section. Externally they look the same except for the Signal Strength meter which is horizontal on the KM-60 and Vertical on the 100b. FM-100b has Stereo Beacon Lamp while KM-60/KM-61 has an Eye Tube. Knob operation on the
Left side is different between the two units with the KM-60 having 2 positions per switch while the FM-100b has .4 positions on the outer knob and a pot on the inner knob which from the schematic is a output level pot.
Am I hallucinating from the Oxycodone in my system, or is the KM-60/KM-61 a stripped down variant of the FM-100B?
PART......................................KM-60......................FM-100b
Pilot Lamp.............................. NO.................. NO
Signal Strength Meter..........Horizontal...........Vertical
Tube Count..............................9.........................9 EDIT 10-30-16 : KM-60--->11....FM100B--->12
MPX Board............................YES....................YES........(*)
Eye Tube................................YES.....................NO.........(**)
Knob Count..............................4.........................4
(*).....(Both WX Board)
(**).......(FM-100b.......Stereo Beacon Lamp where a Pilot Lamp would have been between the knobs)
Front Control KNOBS Left to Right.
KM-60
1.) SELECTOR----->>> Mono - Stereo
2.) Stereo Filter------>>> Off / On
3.) Power--------------->>>Off / On
4.) Tuning Knob
FM-100b
1.) Selector------>>>> Mono, Automatic, Stereo Filter, Stereo
2.) Output Level?------>>Pot 1 to10
3.) Sensitivity----------->>> AC-OFF, Distant, Local
4.) Tuning Knob
KM-60

I didn't have the tube shields on it at the time.
FM-100b


Larry
Left side is different between the two units with the KM-60 having 2 positions per switch while the FM-100b has .4 positions on the outer knob and a pot on the inner knob which from the schematic is a output level pot.
Am I hallucinating from the Oxycodone in my system, or is the KM-60/KM-61 a stripped down variant of the FM-100B?
PART......................................KM-60......................FM-100b
Pilot Lamp.............................. NO.................. NO
Signal Strength Meter..........Horizontal...........Vertical
Tube Count..............................9.........................9 EDIT 10-30-16 : KM-60--->11....FM100B--->12
MPX Board............................YES....................YES........(*)
Eye Tube................................YES.....................NO.........(**)
Knob Count..............................4.........................4
(*).....(Both WX Board)
(**).......(FM-100b.......Stereo Beacon Lamp where a Pilot Lamp would have been between the knobs)
Front Control KNOBS Left to Right.
KM-60
1.) SELECTOR----->>> Mono - Stereo
2.) Stereo Filter------>>> Off / On
3.) Power--------------->>>Off / On
4.) Tuning Knob
FM-100b
1.) Selector------>>>> Mono, Automatic, Stereo Filter, Stereo
2.) Output Level?------>>Pot 1 to10
3.) Sensitivity----------->>> AC-OFF, Distant, Local
4.) Tuning Knob
KM-60

I didn't have the tube shields on it at the time.
FM-100b


Larry
Last edited: