• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

KR-4600 Tuning Shaft/Flywheel Interchangeability

Spenser

Mostly Discrete
Subscriber
Anyone know whether tuning shaft/flywheel for the KR-4600 receiver is interchangeable with KR-3600 and/or KR-4600. How 'bout the KR-2600. Knobs for the KR-2600 generally same? Looks like I'd be shy maybe a function or power knob.

I bought a donor unit Kenwood KR-4600 a while ago. All knobs missing and the tuning shaft snapped off. Wound up not borrowing from it at all for another I fixed up.

It has an intermittent in one of the channels is all that I know. Thinking about fixing the intermittent and the tuning shaft. Throw some knobs on there. Hate to see it go to waste.
 
Register to hide this ad
I'm in the process of moving so much of my things are packed. I dug out the service manual for the KR-4600. It's actually for both the KR-4600 / KR-5600. Looks like it's the same part for both of those at least.
 
That's the method you'll need to exercise to determine what other models may have the same part. Don't overlook the dedicated tuners (KT-XXX) like the 917, 500, 600, and other tuners.
 
Back
Top Bottom