• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

KR-6030 restoration

ruger44

New Member
Just finished going thru a KR-6030 receiver and testing it out now. WOW
Really like the sound stage playing FM it has a really nice tuner. I don't think I will flip this it sounds to good so another goes into the collection.

One issue is 3 of the feet are missing and I can't seem to locate any online. It uses the snap-in type, do any of you guys know of a source for these or perhaps some one here may have a set laying around.
I could drill out the bottom and use standard feet but would like to keep it original.
Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
I have a KR-6030. I guess you are lucky that the power switch is still operating fine. Seems to be the biggest failure with that model.
The tuner is well okay but I have tuners which perform much better. Like tuner in the Sansui G-7500 is better, it has more IF filtering and more IF gain, thus selectivity/sensitivity is better.
Other than that it is a nice 60W/ch receiver.
Had fun re-stringing the tuner dial assy.
No idea where to find a replacement foot, just have to keep looking/asking around.
 
Back
Top Bottom