• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

KR 6200 Worth it?

Register to hide this ad
I have had a KR-6200, as well as many KR-5150's and KR-4140's.

Very nice sounding receivers with surprisingly nice tuners.

I think that is a very fair price. I only had one with a wood case.

Rob
 
any idea on how good the kenwood Jl-780 speakers are? I took off the screen and they dont need to be refoamed or anything but the bubbles in the center of each speaker are poped in, i asume i could just take it appart and pop them back out?
 
Those are just OK speakers. I believe they came with a rack system or were sold as a pair for not much $.

The dust cap can be pulled out with a vacuum or duct tape. You wont beable to push them out from the back side.

Just be carefull if you use a vacuum.

Rob
 
Thanks mate, i think i will just use them until i can find some smaller, nicer speakers, i believer i heard pinnacle has some nice small speakers...i'll keep my eye out for them at garage sales!

Thanks again :)
 
The vacum worked for the sub but the mids and the highs have a shiny material that they are made out of and i cant get them back to normal, any ideas?
 
Try the duct tape. Cut a strip just wider than the cap, and stick it on. Get the tape to stick on the pushed in part. Hold the speaker cone in place, and pull the tape. A quick tug works better than a slow pull.

If that does not work, take a pin. poke a hole in the cap, bend the tip of the pin, instert it into the hole, and work out the dent. It is just a dust cap.

Rob
 
Good receivers in my opinion. I have a few kenwood pieces and like them better than alot of other vintage receivers. Not a bad price.

Pick up those cerwin vega vs-80 speakers he has sitting there as well if you can for a good price. They are good for being a brand alot of people don't like. I have had my vs-120's since i bought them new in 97 or 98, very good compared to some of the others that they have come out with in recent years.
 
Thanks mate, the duct tape worked! I called the guy and sent him an email but he has yet to get back to me >< I hope i get it. I dont think the speakers were for sale :(
 
Ended up buying it plus some small pioneer speakers for 50.

2011-07-06_21-02-06_541.jpg
 
It sounds awesome! Yeah, haha hopefully my neighbors dont mind a little noise :)
Havent taken the top off yet but i plan on cleaning it a bit, is there any way to remove some of the oxidation on the metal? All i can think of is perhaps a salt and vinegar solution?
 
Back
Top Bottom