• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

KR-9400 worth this?

Register to hide this ad
I like 'em too, but don't remember one going for this much. Could get alot higher with this much time left. The shipping to me in Texas would be $35, and there's no way that would cover a decent packing job. KR-9400's are heavy SOB's.


Just realized it's just one guy driving the bidding. I smell sumpin'.
 
It's a great receiver. It depends on what you like. Some will pay $400 for a 9090 or 9090DB, so why not the KR-9400?
The 9400 is my favorite Kenwood receiver, and I had a 9600. It was $70 to ship BTW.

The auction does look fishy.

I would hold out out. I have seen them on CL for $100.

Rob
 
I sold a KR-9400 recently that was in MUCH better shape than this one. Divotdog had fabricated new side rails out of solid mahogany for it, the face plate was perfect, all lamps were brand new and I even had the service modification done to it. That receiver sold for $250 after a 10 day auction with a long description and very good pictures.

There is DEFINATELY something wrong with this auction.:no:
 
The 9400 has discrete output transistors, so unlike the 9600, it can be repaired without a donor unit. A definite plus.

- Pete
 
Back
Top Bottom