• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

KSC1845 not available, suggestions?

You need to remember that the ksa992 and ksc1845 are 120 volt transistors, and must examine the uses yours would be put to.

Some will work with lower voltage transistors, others will die quickly if inappropriately used.

It may take time, but some day you will forget, crank it up and ...silence.... (hopefully no smoke!)

Funny thing is, if you wanna use adapters to get sot-23-3 transistors in there, there are plenty of them in sot-23-3 cases.
prices are about the same but you need the adapters.
At that point the most significant obstacle is soldering the chip to the adapter and then installing the adapter.

EDT:
There are PLENTY of those adapters on eBay.

EDIT:
check out AK'er Eastpoint's eBay transistor listings under the seller
peace.love.and.music (29,664) 100%
 
Last edited:
We had a famine a couple years back. It was discussed then, too.

About 4 sets of transistors to use to replace them.
 
Yeah, I found FJV1845FMTF on mouser in a sot-23-3 and wondered if I was crazy to use adapters. I do a lot of surface mount stuff so
it would not be a big deal to make a batch of adapters but seems like a lot of work for what should be a .06 cent part.


You need to remember that the ksa992 and ksc1845 are 120 volt transistors, and must examine the uses yours would be put to.

Some will work with lower voltage transistors, others will die quickly if inappropriately used.

It may take time, but some day you will forget, crank it up and ...silence.... (hopefully no smoke!)

Funny thing is, if you wanna use adapters to get sot-23-3 transistors in there, there are plenty of them in sot-23-3 cases.
prices are about the same but you need the adapters.
At that point the most significant obstacle is soldering the chip to the adapter and then installing the adapter.
 
We had a famine a couple years back. It was discussed then, too.

About 4 sets of transistors to use to replace them.

Do you have a link to a good substitute? I need to replace some transistors on a 2220b. I’ve searched, but just want to make sure I get the correct sub. Thanks!
 
AK'er Eastpoint IS ebay seller peace.love.and.music (29,664) 100% and he has plenty of (Mouser) transistors, works out with shipping as
10 for 8 bucks,
20 for 12,
40 for 20,
50 for 24,
100 for 42.
 
Hey @markthefixer , thanks for the tip on 1845s. I am stocking up small transistors for SA-8500II and since I could not find 1845s anywhere I contacted peace.love.and.music and got myself some quantity of those little buggers. ;-)

I am only afraid, since those vintage pieces were built on that hight quality level, that many, many other small BJTs will very soon all fall into obsolete or unobtainium category. Better stock up befor that happens. Again, thanks for that and I guess I will be starting a new thread when I finally start refreshing my SA-8500II.

Stay safe everyone!
 
I decided to order my complete SX-737 kit from peace.love.music on Ebay. I tried uploading the BOM to Mouser and I'd estimate 30-50% of the parts came up as backordered, obsolete, unavailable. The aggravation of trying to source the parts individually wasn't worth the potential savings. This seller claims all his parts are top quality and he has 100% reviews so I think it's a safe bet.
 
Well now Tayda is out of stock on these. Mouser is expecting more this November. I've burned through my stockpile.
 
Back
Top Bottom