• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Kyocera amp/receiver?

I have more than one R-851, the totl receiver with MOSFET outputs. Love 'em. The tuners on some don't work or work intermittently, but they're great integrated amps. Beautiful sound, devastatingly useful semiparametric tone controls. The later R-X61 series used MOSFETs driving BJT outputs and had about 20% more power.
 
:drool::drool::drool:

Regards,

D-Ray

Hello Folks,

I'd get that R-661 if you can. It is a great receiver. :thmbsp:

I have a few Kyocera components. I have slowly been working on piecing together their models of that era. They are extremely well built; cassette decks by Nakamichi and some of their CD players were done by DBX.

Kyocera 600 Receivers

Top Left – DA-410CX CD Player
Middle Left – D-801 Cassette Deck
Bottom Left – R-651 Receiver

Top Right – RC-101 Remote Control Center
Middle Right – DA-710CX CD Player
Middle Right – D-601 Cassette Deck
Bottom Right – R-661 Receiver

Kyocera600Series-01.jpg


Kyocera600Series-04.jpg


Kyocera600Series-02.jpg


Kyocera600Series-03.jpg


Kyocera 900 Series Components

Top – T-910 Tuner
Middle – DA-910 CD Player
Bottom – A-910 Integrated Amplifier

KyoceraGear-01.jpg


Regards,
TB
 
I have a spare NOS RT-102 hand held remote that is used with the RC-101 Remote Control Center that I’ve been holding onto. The X61 Series had the ability to operate the receiver, cassette and CD through the RC-101 System. I have a few other remotes stashed about here also. Let me know the model # on the box and maybe I can help you out. BTW it you ever decide to part with R-861 and related gear, I would be interested.

I won't be able to check the model numbers until Sunday night at the earliest, so I'll either post here or send a private message in case you miss it.

As for parting with it, well I guess that's always a possibility, but I haven't even heard it yet, actually! lol....I'm hoping for a "whoa!" moment when I do get it going, but so far with other gear I mostly have gotten confused and said to myself, "well, that sounds good too, just in a slightly different way."
 
Well I bought the R-661, got it for $75.00. It has some dirty pots but other than that seems to be in Great shape. a couple of minor scratches but besides that it seems to be almost mint, somebody took good care of it. I havent had the chance to put it thru its paces but I will do so soon. I will post results. I'm Pretty tickled. Thanx everyone.

Jeff
 
Hello Jeff,

Glad to hear you rescued the R-661. I'm sure she''ll give you many years of enjoyment!

Once you get a chance to know her better, I'm sure a deck and player will help to round out a nice system somewhere within your abode.

Regards,
TB
 
Kyocera made some really great camera gear as well, the Contax and Yashica lines. In still like my RTS II the best of any SLR I've owned. I don't know the audio gear that well, but if the quality is anything like the camera stuff it's 1st rate and likely has some unique features.
 
Back
Top Bottom