• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

LA CL: Powered ADS L810s 100.00

Register to hide this ad
power is possible

A guy I know has a pair of Powered 1020 by Braun. Each has it's own amp with controls on the front. Take din plugs , he has never tested them as he has no plugs. Wouldn't sell them to me either.:no:

look like they are meant to be run in series as each has a power in and out plug.
 
Duffinator said:
They can be parted out for more than that. :yes:
If these are original, from factory powered 810's - I have never heard of this and they must be rare - who would even contemplate parting them out?
 
Njord Noatun said:
If these are original, from factory powered 810's - I have never heard of this and they must be rare - who would even contemplate parting them out?
I'm not suggesting to part them out only point is they are valuable. I doubt they are powered and they appear to be series 2 speakers. Maybe the seller is not familiar with them, sees they are capable of handling 200 wpc, and sees the fuse panel and plastic "plate" in the back and thinks they are powered. The 810's have separate cavities for the drivers so there is not a lot of room inside for an amp. The amp would have to be mounted oustide on the back. Somebody drop the seller a line and find out what's up.
 
Duffinator said:
I doubt they are powered and they appear to be series 2 speakers. Maybe the seller is not familiar with them, sees they are capable of handling 200 wpc, and sees the fuse panel and plastic "plate" in the back and thinks they are powered. The 810's have separate cavities for the drivers so there is not a lot of room inside for an amp. The amp would have to be mounted oustide on the back.

:tresbon:
 
I left a message this morning at 8:30 and have not heard back.
People can slam Ebay all they want, but I think CL really STINKS.
So far all I get from CL is sellers that never call or email back, list things with a low amount and ask for best offer, or tell me someone bought it 42 seconds after they listed it.

On the Seller side of things, a few days ago I listed a bunch of really nice used baby stuff on CL that I didn't want to have to ship. I got about a dozen calls so far. Some ask me to cut the already resonable price by 75%, others say they will call me back to set up a time and then never do. I had one last night that was supposed to stop by, but never did. I have one that is supposed to stop by tomorrow, but we shall see.....
 
krimney said:
A guy I know has a pair of Powered 1020 by Braun. Each has it's own amp with controls on the front. Take din plugs , he has never tested them as he has no plugs. Wouldn't sell them to me either.:no:

look like they are meant to be run in series as each has a power in and out plug.
I have a pair of those Braun LV-1020s. Fantastic speakers. Each one has a seperate amp for each driver. Six seperate amps totaling 200watts. They were the top of the line Braun/ADS speakers at the time. The cabinet work is extraordinary too!

- Pete
 
krimney said:
Take din plugs , he has never tested them as he has no plugs. Wouldn't sell them to me either.:no:

look like they are meant to be run in series as each has a power in and out plug.
Ken, I had to make cables with the 7 pin din plugs. I can make a set for you if you like. And yes, they are designed to gang up to 20 pairs together driven off a single preamp. Now that would be some serious sound pressure.

- Pete
 
Back
Top Bottom