• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

LA (Lower Alabama)

atthezoo

New Member
Hello AK. I have been enjoying reading and learning on your forum. Many of you seem well versed in all things audio, and only some of you need a bath (Grunge fans). As the title says I am writing from the old southland of lower Alabama, or LA as we say. I have been collecting audio gear for the past 3 years and I would like to share what I have come to treasure so far: Lafayette 250A (re capped) with matching large speakers, Sony SQA2030, Sony STR-AV560, MCS 6230 TT - hand me down from father in law, but would love to upgrade - Sony walkman WM-10II, Onkyo TA-RWIII, Pioneer ct-f9191, and a pair of JBL 2500. I also built a model 8LS stereo integrated tube amp w/preamp that I use everyday. Most of my collection has come from thrift stores but a few are family pieces or ebay scores. I mostly listen to 50's, 60's, and early 70's rock, folk, or psychedelic, with my favorite being Pink Floyd, by the way which one's Pink? As I'm sure it's apparent I am no expert but I do enjoy working on my gear almost as much as I enjoy listening to it, which is why I have stepped out of the shadows to introduce myself here, extra points to anyone that can guess which item I will be asking for help working on soon. I have been bitten by the Analog/tube bug, it is a very scary bug. Last thing before I wrap up this much too long introduction, I found my way here in a very organic way. I have always been a music lover. I can remember listening to tapes on a yellow walkman for hours on end. But, a strange thing happened with the digital download revolution. I stopped listening to music. Sure I continued to consume music and download my favorite tracks but I stopped really enjoying it until one day my father in law asked if I had any interest in his old TT. I had no idea that would spark what could be called a new obsession with albums, not tracks, and sounds not convenience.
Thank you for reading and I look forward to talking to you soon
 
Register to hide this ad
thank you to all of you for the warm welcome. Special thanks to "HarmanKardon" I have followed a lot of your posts and I have a huge interest in finding a HK tube receiver some day!
 
Not too long an intro for me. :)

I am guessing you will need help with 8LS for the extra points.

Welcome to AK!

I also have a pair of JBL 2500, have you tried them paired with a nice subwoofer?
 
Good guess faber, but incorrect. We have been very happy with it :)

anyone else, these points are burning a hole in my pocket
 
I hope you all like my avatar, it is a marquee I made for my stereo area. As for the bonus points unfortunately we wont have a winner. The equipment I will be asking for help with is.... the Pioneer ct-f9191. I have read about them at length and I am ready to brave the "tapehead's" and post a thread.

let me know if you like the marquee I would be happy to offer tips or suggestions
 
Back
Top Bottom