• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

La Scala Data for Serious Restorations

convivialist

New Member
SHARE YOUR KLIPSCH LA SCALA PICTURES AND RESTORATION TIPS.

I have a pair of 1975 Klipsch La Scala LS-BB in excellent condition. They have the original labels and electronics inside. The cabinets are nice. One K77 diaphragm needed replacement and sounds wonderful now. They are in a small room and are a pleasure to hear. My McIntosh tech loves how the system sounds such that he drops by my house to listen.

To kick off this thread, I have: 1) questions for restoration purists and 2) an invite for those who “know a few things” that might help fellow AK members.

First, might someone have a description of Klipsch La Scala badges for each model by year? Current posts are ad hoc. Second, how can I maintain the finish on the black birch plywood which is from 1975?

Please post your pics and tips for your La Scala speakers. I will add more to this post about my rare version as others also add their pics and knowledge. IMG_0233.jpeg
 
Register to hide this ad
SHARE YOUR KLIPSCH LA SCALA PICTURES AND RESTORATION TIPS.

I have a pair of 1975 Klipsch La Scala LS-BB in excellent condition. They have the original labels and electronics inside. The cabinets are nice. One K77 diaphragm needed replacement and sounds wonderful now. They are in a small room and are a pleasure to hear. My McIntosh tech loves how the system sounds such that he drops by my house to listen.

To kick off this thread, I have: 1) questions for restoration purists and 2) an invite for those who “know a few things” that might help fellow AK members.

First, might someone have a description of Klipsch La Scala badges for each model by year? Current posts are ad hoc. Second, how can I maintain the finish on the black birch plywood which is from 1975?

Please post your pics and tips for your La Scala speakers. I will add more to this post about my rare version as others also add their pics and knowledge. View attachment 3152886

Nice setup, I'm jealous. :banana:
 
Back
Top Bottom