• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

La Scalas or Fortes?

BroonsBane

raisn em up waxin em down
Subscriber
Went to a guys place yesterday to buy a piece of gear. While there I had fun checking out his La Scalas and Fortes. He will be listing them for sale soon and I've got dibs on either pair...or both :naughty:

I'd have to fight to fit in the Scalas but could do it if I moved out my 1000M's and MA Silver 9i's. The Fortes would fit in my space nicely but I'd only have to move a pair of Energy Ref 22's. The Fortes would be considerably less expensive as well of course.

I know the La Scalas are weak in bass while the Fortes are much better. I'm leaning towards getting the Fortes. Is there any reason why I should lean the other way and get the La Scalas? Any thoughts and opinions would be most appreciated.
 
Register to hide this ad
'Scalas.

No question.

I agree that by themselves they're weaker in deep bass, but that can always be corrected by a subwoofer or two. You can't make up the difference in sensitivity with the Fortes, though :)
 
I run a little 8" Velodyne sub with my 1000M's so I have a sub in the mix already. It adds just enough bottom end punch and it fits in nicely, don't even notice it's there unless I turn it off.
I'm not too concerned with sensitivity as I have more than enough SS juice to light up either pair.
 
why not get BOTH of them as I think you said you might have the chance to...then you could listen to them both in your own home and make a reasoned decision after you've had some time with them.

Otherwise, I'm a LaScala fan (owner for 30 years) :thmbsp:
 
Never heard the LaScalas, but I do love my Fortes. When you were checking them out did you have a chance to listen or just window shop?
 
Never heard the LaScalas, but I do love my Fortes. When you were checking them out did you have a chance to listen or just window shop?

I went back to his place this morning and gave them all a good listen. I came home with the Fortes :cool:

I can still have the Scalas if I want them, just don't have the $ right now. He will hang onto them for me for a while though. i just may have found worthy replacements for my NS-1000M's :thmbsp:
 
Last edited:
Congratulations, Fortes are great speakers. You can't go wrong with the Klipsch Heritage and extended Heritage lineup. Great value for the money.
 
Here they are for posterity:

DSC00559.jpg
 
I only mentioned the Forte's because you mentioned size and price...I have slightly smaller Quartets and Klipschorns and have heard pleny of LaScala and LaScala IIs...I really like the LaScala/IIs but I also really like my Quartets...lots of bass (like my Heresys as well but less bass)...I like my K'Horns too but for size and price, you will like your Forte's and maybe soon you can pick up the LaScala when the other terms allow...
Bill
 
I wish I would have found these speakers a long time ago, I'm having a blast with them :guitar:

Those La Scalas will be mine as soon as I sell my 1000M's :thmbsp:
 
Congrats! Mine are black and not quite in the shape those are in, they are awesome. I was, and am still, amazed at the sound they produce.

I went all the way with complete Crites upgrades and they are amazing. I use a small 2wpc sep amp or a technics 160wpc depending on the music. I have both of them wired up with banana plugs ready for the switch. When I really crank it the meters hit 10w any more and I just can't take it, but I have cranked it up to 100w and boy can they fill a neighborhood. :yes:
 
I had both the La Scalas and Fortes, I ended up selling the Fortes as I preferred the La Scala's sound. But the Fortes are very good. Can't go wrong either way!

Congrats on the Fortes, they look great!

I also have Heresy's & Cornwalls...

Gotta love Klipsch! :banana:
 
I bought Fortes about 2 years ago. They replaced my JBL 4311s which I used for 30+ years.

Everything about them is fantastic!! I crank them up to over 110dBs at times and with no distortion. The bass is full with those passive woofers. The mids and highs are ideal. Probably the last speakers I'll ever purchase (used for $600).

Haven't heard the LaScalas, though. I'm happy with what I got.

Congrats! I think you'll enjoy Frank more than ever before.

Rick
 
JimJ[VT];2773422 said:
'Scalas.

No question.

I agree that by themselves they're weaker in deep bass, but that can always be corrected by a subwoofer or two. You can't make up the difference in sensitivity with the Fortes, though :)

+1
what he said.
OOPS! Should have read the thread 1st...............
Congrats on the Forte's.
 
Back
Top Bottom