• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Lambchop (Is A Band)

wajobu

Boing Boom Tschak
I thought Lambchop needed a thread of their own. A second video was released today in support of their tour for Mr. M (Europe recently completed and US starting). I'm going to see "The Chop" in NYC end of next week--can't wait.

Gone Tomorrow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMFi2OaXiI8

2B2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzys1ynnLn8

One of my favorites from Is A Woman - The Daily Growl: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cok9mjpC6YM

Some other favorites:

Steve McQueen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEGGC55FK5k

Prepared: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh7AxmKnsOQ
 
Register to hide this ad
Lambchop On Tour

If you haven't yet gotten tickets for the remainder of their US Tour; do so. I saw them last night in NYC, and it was a very memorable night. The opening band was Hoboken's own, Yo La Tengo and two of the members joined Lambchop for a closing encore too.

http://www.mergerecords.com/artists/lambchop

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • Lambchop 041912 008.jpg
    Lambchop 041912 008.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Lambchop 041912 009.jpg
    Lambchop 041912 009.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Lambchop 041912 018.jpg
    Lambchop 041912 018.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 10
  • Lambchop 041912 027.jpg
    Lambchop 041912 027.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 64
  • Lambchop 041912 007.jpg
    Lambchop 041912 007.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 3
Lambchop is indeed one fine band. I would almost kill to see them live. They're coming close (Raleigh, NC) near or at the end of their tour. It's a 3 hour jaunt, but would most likely be worth it.

Now. This is one of my most fav and awe-inspiring performances. Goes out to anyone not that familiar with their broad style--and maybe consider them simply as droner crooners.

Lambchop - Give It (Live at Merge XX)
http://youtu.be/zW3CRdTPEOY
 
I saw them in Austin not too long ago at The Cactus, which is a pretty small venue on the U of Texas campus. It must have been great to see them with YLT opening.

I appreciate your title for this thread. I think that Kurt Wagner has some of the best album titles.

Aw C'mon/No, You C'mon (double album)
Is A Woman
Nixon
OH(io)
Thriller

I understand that Mr. M was supposed to be Major League Bummer, but Major League Baseball wouldn't allow it. Not sure if that's apocryphal or true.

EDIT: Once when I was home in NC, I found a 10" of Hank at the record store I went to as a kid. It felt like the stars had aligned.
 
I've always wanted to like his work, but I wasn't impressed till Mr. M, definitely one of the better albums so far in 2012.
 
I need to give them another shot I guess. I saw them open for either Luna or YLT a decade ago and kind if tucked that memory away until now. I'll look into Mr. M.
 
OK Lambchop fans, here's one you'll want to get: Live at XX Merge

Don't wait, it's a VERY limited edition!

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • Bw16QQBCIAAZbaM.jpg
    Bw16QQBCIAAZbaM.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 19
Thanks for this thread! I've been aware of Lambchop for a longtime, just never got around to listening, so I'm checking out Mr. M. It's like finding an author I like, now I've got a stack of books to read. Some of the lyrics made me laugh out loud (partly because of the delivery), not easy to do:

There’s not much for you this summer
I guess you’ll be a local bummer
Maybe find a job that won’t take
A genius not to do

And you may get arrested
Have your breath and your blood tested
And be back out on the street
Before your engine starts to cool
 
Back
Top Bottom