• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Lambda-Speakers?

Subcultcha

New Member
Greetings, all!

Came across another set of esoteric speakers I thought I'd share some pics of.

The only info i can really find is that they're "Lambda" via the logo, but nothig else. They are in terrific shape, all drivers sound great. I was drawn to them for the look, they have a pretty cool MCM style.

They sound pretty awesome, a little heavy on the low end (but that may be more about placement), sound excellent for acoustic, instrumental.

Dual Foster ribbon tweeters, dual peerless 6" woofers, dual peerless 10" woofers

The mid/tweeter section in well dampened and sealed off from the subwoofer section.

Thanks for having a look!
 

Attachments

  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    117.7 KB · Views: 80
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 79
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 79
  • image6.jpeg
    image6.jpeg
    80.2 KB · Views: 74
  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    152.6 KB · Views: 71
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 72
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    130.2 KB · Views: 73
Register to hide this ad
A couple more shots up close. Sorry for the low lighting.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3578.jpeg
    IMG_3578.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3579.jpeg
    IMG_3579.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3580.jpeg
    IMG_3580.jpeg
    122.6 KB · Views: 25
Holy Crap~~! Dam cool looking. Still in business, Found this www.Lambda-labs.com

Buried deep on that web site are pictures of some wild design in-home installs, Very cool.

Try stuffing one or more bass ports that should take some bass away, If you can... lol.

More speaker pictures can be found under "Goede Lamda Topass Speakers" Located in NL.

01.p.jpg
 
Last edited:
What's the weight on those? Must have been a bitch to move or are they built in sections?
They’re heavy as hell, 1 piece. No way I could move them myself, and I am very capable. It took 2 of us to get them in and out of the truck. I’d say they’re more than 100 pounds each. Even moving them around my place has been a slog. I put them on sliders now, much easier.

I may get motivated to put them in a bathroom scale later. Will update, if I do.
 
The grilles are also really nice. Pics here

The tolerances are super tight on the mounting, they all fall right in.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3581.jpeg
    IMG_3581.jpeg
    193.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3582.jpeg
    IMG_3582.jpeg
    71.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3583.jpeg
    IMG_3583.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 10
...The only info i can really find is that they're "Lambda" via the logo, but nothig else. ..

Not sure if this helps but it might be a good clue

Screenshot 2025-07-12 at 19.25.30.png

I just searched this "Manufactured under licence from The Rank Organisation, London"


 
Seeing as they are early 80's speakers my guess and no disrespect to @Buck Rogers post but I doubt they are associated with Austrian based Lambda-Labs which looks to be a relatively new entity that looks to be focused on professional speakers as opposed to home/consumer
 
Found mention of Lamdba Systems in the loudspeaker section of the 1984 (the only year I could find them) Audio Magazine Annual Equipment Guide. However, the specs and driver listing aren't even a vague match to what we have here.
 
Lambda Loudspeakers was a Dutch company, active during (mainly) the 80's and 90's here in the Netherlands.
If I do a search for the brand on my local (Dutch) marketplace, indeed some of their models show up! Lambda luidsprekers te koop in Audio, Tv en Foto | Marktplaats
(Disregard the Magnat Lambda though, which is not related to the brand Lambda.)
In general they are an interesting and sometimes quite good sounding cottage industry choice. Nothing mindblowing though.
However, the model that started this thread is an unusual one I've never seen before and I'd be interested to hear how Lambda did with ribbons..

Some screenshots from our local marketplace, apparently they also had a thing for using pine..

Lambda Agaat.jpg

Lambda by Audipulse.jpg

Lanbda Granaat.jpg


P.s. I ran across this thread because I was looking up some stuff regarding Lambda Labs (mainly because the best festivals I've visited in Germany this summer used Lambda soundstacks including their superb QX3 model). Lambda Labs is an Austrian pro sound company that indeed has nothing to do with the speaker brand mentioned in this thread.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom