• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Lamps for Marantz meters needed, help please!

SolidTop

New Member
Hi all,

I was directed here for this question. Does anyone have an inside track on lamps for Marantz meters? I need the lamps for the strength meter for a 104 tuner and the vu meter lamps for a 140 power amp.

Thanks in advance!

ST
 
Register to hide this ad
Contact AKers dgwojo for the factory replacement fuse lamps or if you want to go with LEDs, contact whsh93a.

Both are great guys :yes:
 
It is advisable to change all of the lamps while you are in there, also change the old parchment paper reflector to regain the original Marnatz blue. You can get the parchiment paper either from your local grocery bakery, if you are nice they will sell you a sheet cheap, or possibly give it to you, it would be enough to replace several receivers, or you can buy it by the box way more than you need.

And yes Dave (dgwojo) is the man when it comes to lamps of all kinds.

Jim
 
Get the Vellum from an art supply store like Michaels. Cut the sheet to size but double it up. Seems the sheets are not a thick as the old stuff. It will spread out the lighting better.
 
I just replaced all four lamps in my 140, 8V 250. You can pick them up on ebay. I think it took a total of 5 mintues to do.

Rocko
 
I replaced all the lamps on my 250. Found them at a local electronics supply (not a Radio Shack). However these supply companies with parts counters seem to be getting few and far between.
 
whsh93a supplied the led´s for me and they work great. No vellum change needed at all, original holds well after 32 years. Excellent blue for me.
 
I have a Marantz 2226B and a 2020 tuner. Each one has one meter light down. All I would need are the meter bulbs, and maybe some of that vellum paper for the tuner, which looks greenish blue instead of blue. Is there somebody on here who would sell just 4 bulbs?
 
I have a Marantz 2226B and a 2020 tuner. Each one has one meter light down. All I would need are the meter bulbs, and maybe some of that vellum paper for the tuner, which looks greenish blue instead of blue. Is there somebody on here who would sell just 4 bulbs?

See the post by Jeff105 above. Just send a PM (private message) through this board.
 
Back
Top Bottom