• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Lenco L-75 Questions

RS Steve

Tube Junkie
Subscriber
Hi, I consider myself a turntable dummy because I have not ever done anything but spin some vinyl on them.

My brother picked up a pretty nice Lenco L-75 Turntable, it seems to have everything but the cartridge and sylus. I have no idea what type to get for him, anyone with information or part # will be of great help.
 
Register to hide this ad
Does it have a headshell (Lenco headshells are hard to find), are the V-Blocks on the tonearm rotted out?

It does seem that the headshell has been replaced, it does not have a screw in the center, and is black in color. Not sure what V-blocks are.
 
Last edited:
The v-blocks are part of the arms vertical lift bearing. They're housed in the center pivot "turret". They mate with a steel triangular knife edge that is perpendicular to the arm wand. The arm wands knife bearing edge rests in the v-blocks, and are what provide the lift; literally "V" shaped blocks.
The v-blocks are rubber and after 40 years are generally rotten, and need replacement (unless someone has already replaced them). You can tell if they shot be excessive slop in the arm wand, such as diagonal twisting, cock-eyed arm angle, or other anomalies.
They are available through eBay, or, over at LencoHeaven in the Market Place section of the forum (www.lencoheaven.net). You'll have to register there in order to access the Market Place.
 
The v-blocks are part of the arms vertical lift bearing. They're housed in the center pivot "turret". They mate with a steel triangular knife edge that is perpendicular to the arm wand. The arm wands knife bearing edge rests in the v-blocks, and are what provide the lift; literally "V" shaped blocks.
The v-blocks are rubber and after 40 years are generally rotten, and need replacement (unless someone has already replaced them). You can tell if they shot be excessive slop in the arm wand, such as diagonal twisting, cock-eyed arm angle, or other anomalies.
They are available through eBay, or, over at LencoHeaven in the Market Place section of the forum (www.lencoheaven.net). You'll have to register there in order to access the Market Place.

Great, thanks for the info. The arm wand has no slop and everything is tight and very square. :thmbsp: The head shell is not original by what I can tell and I have no idea what type of cartridge and stylus to get.
 
I'm using an Ortofon OM10 and find it to be ideal for now and there's also the option of moving up to an OM20 or 30 stylus in the original cartridge.
On the matter of the V blocks, I had to replace them and it was a fiddly job but ,as they say, if I can do it anybody can. You'll know if you need to do it.
 
I was hoping that someone can look at the picture of the head shell and inform me on what type of cartridge will fit. I have no idea what type was in it before since it looks to be a non original. :dunno:
 
that appears to be the standard size.

take out a ruler and if it's 1/2 inch then it is and you have as many options as there are lands under the sun and prices to match.

the Lenco is a good table capable of supporting an awful lot of good cartridges, at <200 dollars the AT440mla is a good choice as it tracks really quite well.

out of curiosity, where did your brother get the table? I want to try an idler and have had zero luck finding a 75 or 78 =/
 
I would not put a AT 440 MLa on the Lenco stock tonearm. Too high compliance. I like the AT 95e on one or similar medium compliance choice.
 
that appears to be the standard size.

take out a ruler and if it's 1/2 inch then it is and you have as many options as there are lands under the sun and prices to match.

the Lenco is a good table capable of supporting an awful lot of good cartridges, at <200 dollars the AT440mla is a good choice as it tracks really quite well.

out of curiosity, where did your brother get the table? I want to try an idler and have had zero luck finding a 75 or 78 =/

My brother found it at an auction in LaPorte Indiana.
 
Back
Top Bottom