I have aquired a TT from the local charity shop. A model from LENCO, the L60, with original M100 cartridge.
I am looking for information about this particular edition I have.
I can read the production year (`76), but apart from that, I haven`t seen any similar, on the net.
My edition have genuine wood boxing and base. It has angle cut corners. The lid has rounded corners.
All other pictures or documentation I can find online, shows a structured plastic molded box and base, with vinyl wood and round corners.
I have opened it up and cleaned, oiled and polished the wood work. The drive belt hadn`t been moved for many years. Replaced it with a brand new.
I have polished the lid. Still there are the mandatory "patina" scratches on the top, after a life in a basement or attic.
I have mounted new wiring. Both AC and silver coated line cable with RCA plugs and ground connector, replacing the original 5 pin "DIN C" cabling.
The front decal was a little damaged, so I have replaced it with a custom made sticker, mounted in the original mounting holes, so it can be replaced with an original, if necessary.
I also mounted new feet/ball spikes and coasters.
It was originally sold in Denmark.
It plays surprisingly good. A better cartridge could do wonders, I think.
When I have the background story, i will sell it, and look for a relaxing, new project. It is much fun.
I am looking for information about this particular edition I have.
I can read the production year (`76), but apart from that, I haven`t seen any similar, on the net.
My edition have genuine wood boxing and base. It has angle cut corners. The lid has rounded corners.
All other pictures or documentation I can find online, shows a structured plastic molded box and base, with vinyl wood and round corners.
I have opened it up and cleaned, oiled and polished the wood work. The drive belt hadn`t been moved for many years. Replaced it with a brand new.
I have polished the lid. Still there are the mandatory "patina" scratches on the top, after a life in a basement or attic.
I have mounted new wiring. Both AC and silver coated line cable with RCA plugs and ground connector, replacing the original 5 pin "DIN C" cabling.
The front decal was a little damaged, so I have replaced it with a custom made sticker, mounted in the original mounting holes, so it can be replaced with an original, if necessary.
I also mounted new feet/ball spikes and coasters.
It was originally sold in Denmark.
It plays surprisingly good. A better cartridge could do wonders, I think.
When I have the background story, i will sell it, and look for a relaxing, new project. It is much fun.