• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Lens repair - Nikon

sssboa

Super Member
Hi,

I have some 1990's lenses that require repair or cleaning inside of fungus. It's Nikkor 28-85mm f/3.5-4.5 AF and Nikkor 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 AF-D. What is the best forum to ask questions about disassembly, cleaning, minor repairs?

Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
I can tell you I have personal experience trying to disassemble a lens. I was unable to get it apart, you need special tools and it has to be done in a clean room so no dust can contaminate the lens. I recommend checking the prices on the lenses you have to see if it's worth it to send them to Nikon.
 
Hi,

I have some 1990's lenses that require repair or cleaning inside of fungus. It's Nikkor 28-85mm f/3.5-4.5 AF and Nikkor 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 AF-D. What is the best forum to ask questions about disassembly, cleaning, minor repairs?

Thanks

Cheaper to buy replacements than to repair. Older Non AI I'd repair.
 
Back
Top Bottom