• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Lesson Learned -- MA5200

charne@sprin

Fell in love with music, then hiked the tech trail
Subscriber
I've been an audio tinkerer. Came ]thisclose[ in the last few weeks to replacing my office MA5200 with a MAC6700. But in the end, chose NOT to do so.

Audio Classics must be recognized/commended/lauded/thanked for its willingness to accept without question the return of the MAC6700. (Those guys are great.)

The reason I did not go through with the upgrade --> at the same time I ordered the MAC6700, also ordered a pair of Focal Aria 906 speakers -- from Audio Classics.

Both boxes arrived the same day -- and after the journey from Vestal, NY, including a long weekend in a deep freeze UPS truck, I received two icicles.

Wanted to let the boxes acclimate -- two days later speakers were unpacked. They replaced Wharfedale Diamond 225s. Ran the Focals for a few days and love the sound with the MA5200. Decided they resolved my system issues (current issues, anyway).

The MAC6700 was picked up by UPS yesterday (for anyone who may be interested, the unit has a TU2 tuner module -- which provides FMHD reception. My MR88 takes care of that.)

Today, I removed a subwoofer from the system. Decided it was not needed. Very happy with the MA5200 and the Focal speakers.

Small room.

Great sound. That's the goal. Sometimes all that's needed is a little adjustment rather than a big shove.

That's my lesson learned.
 
Register to hide this ad
Glad you are happy with your system. Sometimes we make a move too quickly and realize it was a mistake. At least not this time for you. Enjoy.

Yes! Audio Classics is awesome. Always great service.
 
I really like the guys at. Audio Classics. I have known Steve and Ryan for years. I still miss Frank. I knew him way back when either late 70's or early 80's. Just can't remember for sure. He helped me with up grades, got me back in to LP's . Steve and Ryan helped me with restorations a new phono pre-amp and upgrading my HT processor. They took in my old CD player, power amps, pre-amps, and HT processor. They sold me two different decoders for lasers discs. They got me my Big Pioneer Plasmas at great prices. They bent over backward when UPS dropped the ball when UPS damaged my two restored units and were patient when UPS lost my MX119 for 6 weeks and my MAC3 trade in's. . I'm still on the list for a pair of XR 290's. But might accept XRT 28's. Buying pre-owned is a challenge and I want something with a warranty and exchange. policy. Vestal is 2200 miles away so I just can't pop in. They are from the old school where service after the sale is the most important service they provide.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom