• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Let me introduce myself

Welcome and good luck with trying to catch up to the latest technology. I myself am in the same boat(and it is sinking). But luckily analog sound still works and speakers can still be connected with speaker wire.
 
Welcome and good luck with trying to catch up to the latest technology. I myself am in the same boat(and it is sinking). But luckily analog sound still works and speakers can still be connected with speaker wire.
It does seem like an uphill battle. Hang in there and thanks for the welcome!
 
Welcome. What are you looking to put it together? Computer based, 2 channel, Separates or Integrated, Vintage or newer? What kind of room do you have? Monitors, floorstanders?

Have fun.
Thanks! I think I want to stream a music service and an internet radio system. I used to have my cds (not a ton of them but enough at the time) and other music from shared files on iTunes which I plugged from my laptop to an Onkyo receiver. All of the computer files are gone and just have a few dozen cds somewhere but no CD player (I threw it out it was a huge monster of a thing). So if the music service has all of the music I want and allows you to play albums I will be ok streaming only. Thinking of Tidal. I also love the Radio Paradise internet radio statIon. a streamer which I assume will connect to a receiver/amplifier. Maybe have two house zones. My internet service and router may not be up to the job which is a whole different issue. I have 4 sets of speakers hanging around (sony, an irritating pair of Bose, two pairs of KLHs) and two onkyo receivers (8210 and 8255 I think). I wonder if I will be happy just streaming and I may expand to include data storage accessible to the streaming device. Only interested in two channel for music as well as for tv. I find surround sound distracting and kind of creepy at home. Bookshelf speakers for living room with vaulted ceiling and 2 built in bookshelves. I live in a townhome that is 1200 square feet so I think 2 zones would be adequate. That is as far as I have thought it through. Thanks for asking
 
What kind of music do you like.
I have a large music folder on my pc.
If you want to send me a flash drive or SD card
of at least 32gb I could copy my collection to it
and send it back to you.
 
What kind of music do you like.
I have a large music folder on my pc.
If you want to send me a flash drive or SD card
of at least 32gb I could copy my collection to it
and send it back to you.
Wow thanks. Started off loving the Beatles, still do. And all of the offshoots. Then Elton John Yellow Brick Road and prior mostly. I am your basic 70-80 rock / pop / folk. Also I really like Radio Paradise which plays a ton of artist I have not heard of so hopefully I will expand my horizons.
 
Update to my intro: Just got a chromecast audio off ebay because I panicked since they discontinued them and I have read that lots of people like them (I bought four). Anyways just tried to hook it up to my Onkyo 1990s era receiver. It partially worked but the sound was entirely messed up. I got some compalints about the interface but why bother to complain if it didn’t work anyways. On to plan B!
 
Wow thanks. Started off loving the Beatles, still do. And all of the offshoots. Then Elton John Yellow Brick Road and prior mostly. I am your basic 70-80 rock / pop / folk. Also I really like Radio Paradise which plays a ton of artist I have not heard of so hopefully I will expand my horizons.
My collection is mostly 70s rock.
Aerosmith , AC/DC , Bad Co. , Bob Seger , Alice Cooper , Black Sabbath , Doobie Brothers , Foghat , Grand Funk , Montrose , Sammy Hagar , Santana , Rush ,
Queen , Uriah Heep , ZZ Top and similar artists. some southern rock also. Lynyrd Skynyrd (my favorite) , Charlie Daniels , Marshall Tucker and other similar.
Some country too. Alan Jackson , Travis Tritt , Randy Travis , Trace Adkins and others.
If you think you would be interested let me know and I'll pm you my address.
 
My collection is mostly 70s rock.
Aerosmith , AC/DC , Bad Co. , Bob Seger , Alice Cooper , Black Sabbath , Doobie Brothers , Foghat , Grand Funk , Montrose , Sammy Hagar , Santana , Rush ,
Queen , Uriah Heep , ZZ Top and similar artists. some southern rock also. Lynyrd Skynyrd (my favorite) , Charlie Daniels , Marshall Tucker and other similar.
Some country too. Alan Jackson , Travis Tritt , Randy Travis , Trace Adkins and others.
If you think you would be interested let me know and I'll pm you my address.
Wow sounds like you got a lot of music. I will hold off on getting any files because I think I want to mostly stream. This assumes that the streaming services allow me to listen to albums. Also I really don’t have any where to store files to play them.but thanks anyways.
 
Your welcome. offer stands anytime.
I've been looking in some of the folders and
found some stuff I didn't even remember having.....LOL
 
Back
Top Bottom