• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Let's Talk Fishing

I used to do a lot of nighttime beach casting a few years ago but stopped because of the number of drunks and aggressive yobs, but I would like to get into some light gear and Bass fishing with spinners and lures, If anyone out there does this I would be very interested in your gear and techniques,
 
Bass fishing with spinners and lures, If anyone out there does this I would be very interested in your gear and techniques,

I can't recommend a better book for a beginning bass fisher.
The book is short in length but huge in common sense about fish.
There are great books for techniques, but knowing the biological basics/habits first is the most important lesson.

51BdO4BDokL._SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_FMwebp_.jpg
 
Have taken up fishing again recently (lots of people fish in Australia) and joined the local fishing club, we have a river only 5 mins away that flows into the bay, saltwater, and didn't think there would be any good fish in it, but have caught a few lately just using garden worms. Nice Bream (called bluegill in America I think), we catch and release so nothing eaten yet. There is also a pier that we can go to that is supposed to be a good spot for Bream and Flathead which are great eating. Will try that soon. Did go a while back but didn't know what we were doing, just cast out with bait on and let it sit, caught nothing. People at the fishing club suggested I try soft plastics, so bought some and got a 'finesse' rod, don't cast out just go along the pylons working it with quick lifts off the bottom and letting it down again or quick little flicks of the rod tip side ways on the pier is the way to go apparently for Bream. For Flathead cast out and slowly retrieve in a stop start fashion giving it some quick flicks of the rod tip as well, have watched many Youtube videos on this, seems it's all in the technique and practice makes perfect. Its winter here so hopefully when the weather warms up a bit we can get out more and get some.

On another note I have ordered some soft plastics off Aliexpress, paddle tails and grubz, they're Tsurinoya brand, they have pretty good reviews are scented and much much cheaper than Berkley, Zman etc, anyone ever used these? I have bought some Zman ones with the proper jigheads so it will be interesting to see how the Chinese ones compare.
 
Last edited:
I found an old carp rod in the access road leading to our garages, it had a reel on it and a lure, but it looks like it has been run over by a car, the end tip eye has broken off and the reel winding arm was bent, I took the reel apart and managed to fix everything so lubricated it and then turned to the rod, it looked like it was only the top inch of the tip and the eye was missing, after cleaning it I resprayed the rod gloss black and added a copper midsection misted in, it looks great and I will have a go at spinning for Mackerel or Bass with it.
 
Back
Top Bottom