• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Lincoln bringing a new high-performance sedan to market....

Register to hide this ad
"Banned
You do not have permission to view this site."

WTF? I've never even heard of the site!!
 
Same thing. I even used a different browser, and cleared my cookies. It must know I'm a GM fan.
 
Good, its about time they built another rich man's Mustang. The last one was the Mark VIII which ended in 1998.

They brought back the Zephyr name for a short bit, but re-named it the MKZ I think. It was basically a fancy Fusion.
 
Its about time Lincoln brings some balls to the game. I hope it will give Cadillac some encouragement and it will up its game with the ATS. I've always said that performance should be fun and reachable. The sedan market needs a kick in the pants. Now if Chevy will only follow suit with a ATS chassis version of their own.
 
  • Here`s the copy from that article, unless you still can`t reach it:

Lincoln is really making the MKZ successor a ponycar-based, rear-wheel-drive four-door, four-seat sportscar. It will weigh around 500 pounds less than its Dodge Charger counterpart. The top version (Speed) will offer 485+ horsepower and 435+ lb-ft of torque with a 5.0-liter, 32-valve Coyote V8, giving in for a 0-60 mph time of 3.9 sec with a 10-speed automatic and 4.2 sec with a 6-speed manual. Top speed is up to 186 mph with the Performance Package.
This, along with an upcoming full-size personal luxury coupe, will be among the fastest Lincolns ever produced. The Zephyr Speed will rival the Lexus GS F while undercutting it by $30,000, as well as the Audi S6, BMW M3 Competition Package, Mercedes-AMG C63 S, and Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio by $20,000.



weight is between 3800 and 3900 lbs and 0-60 is 3.9 to 4.2
 
with an optional manual? That would be a first. I doubt Lincoln has had a manual in anything since maybe the 1950s. Sounds like its basically a Mustang with Lincoln sheet metal, which is exactly what the Mark VII was in '84. Also looks like they're targeting the same basic market area as the Mark VII did, though a little more on the performance end.
 
This is what I thought they should do after their last RWD was gone, and anyway better late than never! RWD yes!
 
Take some doing to keep up with it's namesake ...

lincoln_100605699_h.jpg
 
with an optional manual? That would be a first. I doubt Lincoln has had a manual in anything since maybe the 1950s.

Believe it or not, you could get a 5-speed manual in the early production years of the Lincoln LS. It was only available with the V6, although as I recall there was one V8 car that sneaked out of the factory with the stick. I remember finding a stick-shift LS on the local Craigslist years ago, and I would have bought it had it not been beat to death with a ton of miles on it. They are uncommon to say the least.
 
That Lincoln LS was also used for a Jag as Ford owned them then. They also made a T-Bird Convert in about 2002 with that chassis and it was expensive and not that solid so it didn't sell.
 
Ford is getting out of sedans except the Mustang and the compact Focus. I was wondering what would become of Lincoln; I guess it will consist of trucks, SUVs and this Mustang derivative. Thanks for the info... Maybe they should call it Cougar instead!
 
That Lincoln LS was also used for a Jag as Ford owned them then. They also made a T-Bird Convert in about 2002 with that chassis and it was expensive and not that solid so it didn't sell.

Yeah....when Ford owned Jag, you could look at the rear three-quarter view of the Jag sedans, and that Ford roofline was a dead giveaway of the car`s origin....
 
I have a 2018 MKZ hybrid and really like it. If the Zephyr is available when the lease is up next year I’m on that.
 
Back
Top Bottom