• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Linda's sticker shenanigans on her record collection...a poll

Adds to the cool factor or is it defacement?

  • That's cool

    Votes: 5 62.5%
  • It's defacement but kinda cool though

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • She should suffer the same as everyone else that committed this treason!

    Votes: 2 25.0%

  • Total voters
    8

Mr.White

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
For the first time in my life I've encountered some serious record collector "branding" hi-jinks that I think actually adds to the cool factor. What says you about Linda's stickers? There were more but I didn't want those records.

Linda-1.jpg

Linda-2.jpg

Linda-3.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
It would WAY depend on the chunk of vinyl in question.

Biz Markie?

Sticker away, Linda.

Zerfas?

Hell no, Linda.
 
That's my mother's name. To funny.

I wonder how old this Linda is. It was a popular name over 70 years ago. I never encounter young people named Linda. Young being under 30....

At least this isn't a slob job (Yes, the point of the thread) ...man I have seen some screwy things people have done to albums. :rolleyes:
 
I've bought and sold quite a bit of vinyl at a local pawn shop and a couple years ago I was finding some good classic rock albums and on every one of them the name OTIS was written on the top right corner of the cover. After hearing how good the pressings sounded I went back and bought every OTIS record I could find. It was a running gag with the pawn shop guys when I'd walk in and say "got any more OTIS records today. I got a dozen or so and they will stay in my collection. ;)
 
I've bought and sold quite a bit of vinyl at a local pawn shop and a couple years ago I was finding some good classic rock albums and on every one of them the name OTIS was written on the top right corner of the cover. After hearing how good the pressings sounded I went back and bought every OTIS record I could find. It was a running gag with the pawn shop guys when I'd walk in and say "got any more OTIS records today. I got a dozen or so and they will stay in my collection. ;)
Was there an OTIS Doors Soft Parade? 'Cause poor Otis be dead and gone.
 
Sorry, no Doors from the OTIS collection, there were stuff like Rare Earth, Leon Russle, Beatles White album ect. If there was a Doors album from OTIS I may have left it behind because I've never been a fan. ;)
 
From what I can tell at least some of those are dance records, so my guess is Linda was a DJ.
Years ago, if a DJ's records went missing said DJ had no gig.
 
From what I can tell at least some of those are dance records, so my guess is Linda was a DJ.
Years ago, if a DJ's records went missing said DJ had no gig.
Yeah I picked up albums by The Nite-Liters, Linda Jones, Chi-Lites and some obscure 12" Disco singles including a great Donna Summer bootleg megamix that has an equally cool Gloria Gaynor "I Will Survive" re-mix by Warren G on the flip, originally from an acetate.
 
Back
Top Bottom