• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Linn Akurate Disappointing Bottom End

Tony450

New Member
I recently bought a linn akurate 2200 from ebay and have found the bass/lower end quite disappointing. I'd read positive reviews that suggested it was crystal clear at the top and middle but restrained at the bottom, but given the quality of the amp I'd assumed this was a fairly nuanced view rather than what's happening with mine, where I'd say something seems missing. It's aweesome through the other frequencies. I'm wondering about others' experience with this power amp? Thanks Tony

my system is solid state hard drive into a Mac mini. Cambridge audio DAC, tisbury passive pre-amp, linn akurate 2200 power amp, monitor audio silver 8 floor standing speakers.
 
Register to hide this ad
I see that you haven't had much luck in getting feedback, so I'll take a shot. You may have too many stages in your system. Your computer has USB ports, for $30 you can pick up a Behringer 222 USB external sound card. The Behringer can connect to the Mac and then use RCA cAbles to connect your pre amp. I found the Behringer to be a surprisingly good performer. It might be worth a try.

You might also want to think about an integrated amplifier that has digital inputs such as the new Yamaha line ( AS301, 501, 801) That would let you connect your computer directly to the integrated amp via USB cable and eliminate the stages.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom