• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Linn Isobariks - audio newbie

whathits

New Member
Hi All,

First post here, i'm not what you would say a massive audio enthusiast so I thought I would reach out for some help with some audio equipment I have inherited recently.

In particular I have two Linn Isobarik speakers, after some research on these forums and the web it seems that Linn are a high quality speaker system and may be worth holding onto or selling for a decent price.

Can anyone provide some insight into the worth of these two speakers in the images attached?

It would be really appreciated.
Cheers,
Chris
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20130223_123118.jpg
    IMG_20130223_123118.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20130223_123148.jpg
    IMG_20130223_123148.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20130223_123126.jpg
    IMG_20130223_123126.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 23
Register to hide this ad
Questions of worth are always posted in 'Dollars and Sense'. Will likely be moved for you shortly.

That said, the short answer, check ebay and similar places where audio is sold. The model is Sara, ....
Introduced: 1978
Ceased Production: 1990
Type: 2-way incorporating patented Isobarik bass loading system
Frequency Response: 50Hz-20kHz +/- 2.5dB
Impedance: 4ohms nominal
Bi-wireable? Yes (Sara 9 Bi-wired only)
Low frequency roll-off: 50Hz
Efficiency: 88dB for 1 watt at 1 metre (1 kHz)
Crossover Point: 2.5kHz
Power Handling: 75 watts

They are rather nice and have a following. You will get unexpected bass out of those boxes. If they were dropped in my lap I'd use them.
 
Last edited:
Thankyou Buck for your reply, my mistake for posting in the wrong forum area. I did have a quick check on other similar speakers being sold on ebay etc but wasn't entirely sure what I was dealing with.

But I think with that initial information you have put me on the right track.

Thanks again :)
 
Brand new, they were very expensive speakers, Linn's TOTL either the PMS or DMS (Pro and Domestic).

They need great electronics to drive them such as Naim amplifiers and they don't come cheap.

Market price depends on demand. In excellent condition (original drivers) they could easily go for 2-4,000 $. Mind you, some have found some way cheaper. This thread should be moved to Dollars and sense since you ask for value.

I will say this though, finding a buyer may be more difficult than you imagine, you may have to sit on them for a while. Beware of refurbishing or replacing drivers, this will greatly diminish the value. Linn Brik owners are very particular about the condition of the speakers.
 
Back
Top Bottom