• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Little Bear T11 problem

wilbersdad

New Member
Hi all, I recently received a Little bear T11 and the 12ax7 tube in V1 will not light up. I tried swtiching to the 6n2 tube, and that worked (on the 6n2 setting). I also tried the 12ax7 tubes in V2 and V3 that worked, into V1 and no luck. Is it just a bad switch? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
 
Register to hide this ad
Hi and welcome!

Let me get this straight. Does it work and just that one 12AX7 does not light up or it doesn't work at all? The reason I ask is because I have seen fakes where the 12AX7 tubes were for looks and had LED's mounted underneath them to create a light effect.
 
Hi and welcome!

Let me get this straight. Does it work and just that one 12AX7 does not light up or it doesn't work at all? The reason I ask is because I have seen fakes where the 12AX7 tubes were for looks and had LED's mounted underneath them to create a light effect.

Hi, and thanks!

For V1, V2, V3 there is a switch between 12ax7 or 6n2. All of them work on 6n2 and only V2 and V3 work with the 12ax7 setting. I tried switching the tubes that worked in V2 and V3, into V1 and it still doesn't light up or get warm. The 6n2 setting on V1 works though (with the stock chinese tubes) I am using new Genalex Gold Lion 12ax7 tubes.

Thanks!
 
These don't have an LED's under the sockets. I've had one open and it sounds like either the switch or a bad solder joint. If it's new I would return it. Otherwise you might try reflowing the solder joints on that socket and switch. The soldering isn't the greatest. I found several joints that looked cold.
 
Back
Top Bottom