• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

lol... no more cats.. (well maybe..) but help another cat wants to move into my house

atarione

Super Member
don't get me wrong as problems go ...I am glad to have "irresistible to cats" as one..

but once again someone's cat is trying to move into my house... I didn't know it but I think we have been accidently feeding it (as it is coming in the door ..as our indoor /outdoor cat Fitz comes and goes during the day (we keep him in at night) this little adorable rascal has apprently been helping him/her (not honestly sure) self to some of Fitz's food I guess.

super friendly and talkative little cat... most likely (almost certainly belongs to someone around here.. (no tags)


I guess I will need to keep door closed and Fitz will just have to wait for people to open door when he wants in / out... I really do not want to steal someone's cat ... Fitz seem to get along with the little bugger .. I found them chilling outside together this afternoon.. just sitting near each other no hissing or signs of any fighting...so that is kewl I guess...??


but seriously what do i do... I guess I need to shoo it away (man I hate doing that ... i love cats and like to say hi and all... but)


anyways so here is the interloper




 
Register to hide this ad
Could they be related? :D maybe Fitz's previous family would shed some light on where he was from.

I'm the same way -- a cat magnet.

We had a cat show up, then he invited himself in; I enjoyed his company. Then he split for a few days. When he came back, he came to our door, we opened it to let him visit, only he also brought his brothers and sisters and all six ran in our house. LOL! Instant cat party.

Our neighbor a few doors down was wondering where they were going all the time, then she saw them sunning themselves in our front window. They moved away and we miss those guys.
 
A few years back we got a new dog, and it was a rough initial adjustment period and one of our existing cats really did not like the dog. A few days later the cat disappeared. About a year or so later we found him roaming a field near some houses about a half mile away. He was healthy and seemed content so I have to assume someone essentially adopted him. I'm just glad he's not dead.
 
Cat magnet here as well.

Recently, one took up residence in my storage building. Keeps the dogs aggravated, and I think it's pretty much feral.

No one in my podunk town believes in spaying and neutering, so the cycle continues.
Dammit.
 
I befriended a stray last winter. I was letting her in the garage to stay warm and fed and she slowly migrated to the house. Had her spayed and she is the sweetest cat ever.
 
As long as you have food and an open door, attracting other cats will be a hazard.

Seems to be working the way it is right now so leave it as is. The two cats have had time to adjust to each other. Otherwise, your only option is to keep Fitz and the food indoors. At least make sure Fritz is fully vetted for ANY communical diseases, including Aids and Leukemia.
 
As long as you have food and an open door, attracting other cats will be a hazard.

Seems to be working the way it is right now so leave it as is. The two cats have had time to adjust to each other. Otherwise, your only option is to keep Fitz and the food indoors. At least make sure Fritz is fully vetted for ANY communical diseases, including Aids and Leukemia.

Huh? Please elaborate. Are you saying cats get aids as well?
 
Just roll with it Atarione. Be glad you don't have raccoons and possums sharing Fitz's food, those buggers don't like to be petted. :D
 
Its meant to be... cats go to good people... take your new buddy in and tell Fitz to deal with it pal...... You have been chosen...... !!! :thmbsp::D
 
Ok-Let me tell a story ---
My first cat Holly--did the same thing --just appeared at my doorstep I let her in and she just made herself right at home. I tried to track down who owned her to no avail.
She was a loving pet for 13 years. She was my first cat. Now if anyone would have told me before I'd own a cat --I would have told them they are nuts -Holly changed my way of thinking.
We had 13 years together and she died of feline mouth cancer in Jan 2003.
I was heartbroken........I needed another cat ---Enter Miss Bootsie.
Now I ask you -How can you turn down an animal that comes to you?
You can't - sometimes they adopt us.
Think about it. BUT before you introduce the cat to one another --keep them separate until a vet has given the new one a clean bill of health as per Urizen's thread.
James
 
Last edited:
Miss Bootsie's picture in avatar.
Holly's picture attached.
 
Last edited:
A good friend has an auto repair garage. Small place - only one bay. A while ago a cat that had been the neighborhood stray for years walked into his shop when the weather was starting to get cold. He was the shop cat for years until he died. Cats know. Good people get it.
 
so i just went outside to discover this



Interloper and Fitz sitting in the shade ... seemingly sort of hangin' out...

I love cats I am honored Fitz moved in with my wife and I....I think this little new one probably has people... I just don't want to swipe their cat.. granting that if the cat is looking to trade up they may be giving him /her (still not sure) a reason...

on a side note this one (interloper) was in my kitchen a while a go...and hissed at me a bit IN MAH OWN HOUSE.... the nerve of some cats... then it started meowing at wanting me to pet it... lol..
 
Huh? Please elaborate. Are you saying cats get aids as well?

Yes, as Urizen's link elaborates on. Many rescues, even if they have room, will not take in a cat that has been infected. They will insist on a test first. I had one stray that a local rescue insisted be tested before hand. Positive. They refused to take her in and she wound up at a sanctuary that houses many hundreds of cats. It was pretty heartbreaking.

Sorry to take the thread off course.

The two in focus seem to be doing very well together at this stage. Just be sure to have any stray fully tested and vetted before introducing it to the other cats. Always keep all of your cats fully vetted against anything they may be exposed to, even the possible 1 time escape.
 
We are in a similar situation. Kittie has now been with us over a year and while it was supposed to be temporary until she was adopted, it ain't gonna happen. Not one seems to want black cats and even fewer want black adult cats. This one has a personality that suggests she has bonded deeply with the household and it may be a problem if she were to be transferred to a new family. It appears she was mistreated as a kitten and either escaped or was thrown out before we found her.

Recently a male ferel has been in the back yard at first infrequently and then on a more regular basis to eat and now is resting in the open area of the back years for as much as 6 hours at a time. Kittie never seemed upset with it and in the morning they will sit on either side of the screen door and just look at each other and sometimes you can hear them quietly talking. Kittie over time has been less and less inclined to.go out and the past couple of times when she did end up on the wrong side of the door and realized she was outside she became frantic until we let her in. The new friend is more passive than she was when she was originally outside but more cautious regarding trusting us. We now can go out and get with a couple of feet of him without seeing any defensive behavior.

We tried to get someone to trap it and get it vetted and as it seems like it can with time be socialized foster it. There are just too many too deal with and not enough volunteers, foster homes, and spaces at shelters. We do not want to see it picked up by animal control as more likely than not it will be put to sleep. We are now discussing getting a shelter for the winter as we do not foresee in coming in nor do we really want it to though it seems if he did, once Kittie made it plain she was the alpha in the household and he understood they would get along.

Cats are like potatoes chips; seems you can not just have one.
 
so i just went outside to discover this



Interloper and Fitz sitting in the shade ... seemingly sort of hangin' out...

I love cats I am honored Fitz moved in with my wife and I....I think this little new one probably has people... I just don't want to swipe their cat.. granting that if the cat is looking to trade up they may be giving him /her (still not sure) a reason...

on a side note this one (interloper) was in my kitchen a while a go...and hissed at me a bit IN MAH OWN HOUSE.... the nerve of some cats... then it started meowing at wanting me to pet it... lol..

I think that picture answers your concern......!!
 
Back
Top Bottom