• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

long plates vs short plates?

GnRNut

Active Member
well, I recently ordered a pair of Brimar CV4004s from tube-shop.com for $53. I thought the price was suscpicious considering CV4004s from Brimar usually go for a lot more on other sites but I decided to go anyways and it's been about a week since I received them; anyhow, I'm pretty happy with the way it sounds but I now noticed why they were considerably cheaper than other places. These are short plates and the ones sold in others are long plates. This just leaves me wondering... do long plates sound better? and if so... by how much?
 
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom