• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Long story short

Why Me (Lord) / KRIS KRISTOFFERSON

wajobu and the rest---I am glad if I jogged a few cogs. That was my intent. However I take no credit. That goes to Somebody Bigger Than You and I. For those of you who are really hurting and asking the question: Why do bad things happen to good people? As much as I would like to, time, space and forum decorum prohibit me from answering one of the questions that man has been asking since the beginning. Up at the top I said I would not preach or advise. I would merely like to suggest that you listen to the song named in this posts title. It's not only a good tune, you may get some comfort. It's a start.

And everybody said..........AMEN.
 
What you all have said here on the subject is so true on many points. I'm proof of that, I am your typical stubborn male when it comes to the medical stuff, If it wasn't squirting blood, or had a bone sticking out of it, I would not go seek medical attention. This attitude has come back to bite me hard on the ass, as I am now suffering from the effects of Diabetes, which could have been delayed or prevented if I had gotten checked out years ago. I have periphial neuropathy in my legs, feet, and hands. My eyes are still good enough to not be an issue yet, but every exam their condition has deteriorated. My kidneys are failing, and the Doc is now starting to talk about dialisis. I have had more than one heart attack, that I was not aware that I had/was having, because Diabetics don't always get the "Classic" periphial symptoms of a heart attack. I find out that I have had one during my routine cardiac check-ups. I seem to be doing better since my 3X bypass two years ago. Most of these issues could have been controlled, and not been an issue at this point in my life, if I had just gone to the doctor for regular check-ups, which would have found the Diabetes early enough to be kept in check. I waited so long, even knowing I had a family history of Diabetes, that I had done considerable damage to myself, that is ireversable. I'm type II, and non insulin dependent, I keep the blood sugar under control with meds, which I do not tolerate well at all, they leave me nauseous, weak, and dizzy, making just simple things a chore when I feel that way. So, Get up, pick up your phone, and schedule a check-up with your Doc, you have nothing to lose, and if you do turn out to have Diabetes, the sooner you know, the better off you will be. Don't wait like I did, until my feet were so messed up I was having a hard time walking, because the damage is done, and can't be fixed. While you are on the phone with the Doc, ask about any other tests that may be good for you, based on your age and family history of illness, and schedule them as well!
 
Just a short follow up on my post from yesterday. I went for the Doppler exam and they did not find any sign of any blood clots so all is well with me,
 
birddog said:
So, Get up, pick up your phone, and schedule a check-up with your Doc, you have nothing to lose, and if you do turn out to have Diabetes, the sooner you know, the better off you will be.

Or like my situation, it CAN be caught when it is curable! The only reason I found out so early that my glucose was starting to edge up was that I was already being monitored for LDL cholesterol issues. It's too early to know if it's still going up or I'm making progress with it, but After reading stories like Cort's and birddog's I realize I've REALLY lucked out on this one.

I also want to thank all of you guys who've gone through much, much bigger issues with it, for exposing this situation for what it is. This has further inspired me to get my arse in gear and live better!

BTW - Cort: Glucose at 1000?? One of my brothers was at 300, and nearly about to pass out! I really hope and pray that you are blessed, in some way or another, in the future.

And jonman - :thmbsp:

- jw
 
Back
Top Bottom