• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Lonnngggg drive home for the Holidays

draftingmonkey

AK Monkey
Left SoCal Thursday morning for our trip from south Orange County to go home to Spokane for Christmas and New Years. Took a long drive up the 101 to San Luis Obispo to check on the status of a Jag I have being worked on there, and then across the mountains to spend two night in the Sequoias. The wife has always wanted to see the Sequoias in the snow. Beautiful area. They had snow a couple of days before but luckily none why we were there so spent a day hiking throug the trees. Great fun. Was lucky that we drove the direction we did as Tejon Pass north of LA on I-5 was closed.
Then left Saturday for Spokane and arrived last night. Long drive, just short of 1700 miles, and the last half was not on great roads. Anyone watching the news would know what great weather we are having here.
Am having coffee at the hotel now while sitting on a computer in the business center.
So...how many others have traveled home for the Holidays???
 
Register to hide this ad
I was actually planning on making the trip from SoCal To Seattle next week to see some friends. After seeing the conditions I think it would be a terrible drive. I'm putting it off for another time.
 
Drove the 480 miles from Chesapeake, Virginia to my sisters place in Lordstown, Ohio.
Little snow, but it got down to -2 ambient with windchill of -32 the other night.

I miss Virginia.

Dave
 
Back
Top Bottom