• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Look at wandered into my shop today...

spinroch

Unspecified Life Form
image.jpeg

It's a Predicta. A replica made in 2002. It has a modern RCA TV setup inside.
It weighs about 6 million pounds.
I have plans to set it up as a video jukebox in my shop along with a streaming audio/video setup.
It fits in quite nicely on my Island of Misfit Toys...
 
Register to hide this ad
View attachment 1167286
It's a Predicta. A replica made in 2002. It has a modern RCA TV setup inside.
It weighs about 6 million pounds.
I have plans to set it up as a video jukebox in my shop along with a streaming audio/video setup.
It fits in quite nicely on my Island of Misfit Toys...

I know the old ones did, but does this replica have a real live CRT inside?
 
Does Mouser sell Overthrusters? Are they polarity sensitive? Should I recap it and replace the death cap? Just asking.....
 
I have one of the original Philco Holiday Predicta sets. Doesn't get much use since we went HDTV and the analog VHF stations went away.
 
I remember those (the replicas, I'm not nearly old enough for the originals, although I do love their style). It was an interesting idea, too bad for the company that flat panel TVs came out shortly after.
 
Pics of the other misfits! That would be interesting. Do you think anyone else would be interested?
 
spinroch,
At least in Atlanta, MCM is the hottest style going, and it is the offbeat pieces like yours that are the most fun. If course I can only speak for myself, but I think it would be fascinating and in keeping with other threads O have seen.
 
Back
Top Bottom