• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Looking at getting a Yamaha CR-2020

Okay, I think I might go ahead and recap it, ~$40 for all the caps. I seen on another thread about "deadly" 2SC458 transistors that were used in Yamaha's which are known to fail. What would be a reliable replacement for the 2SC458 transistor? And are there any other components that I should go ahead and replace while I'm in there?
 
Last edited:
there are only two as far as i know... One on each amp board. sc1845 or sc1815 work fine. Just make sure you put them in the right way. Round side out, opposite of what you would think.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 
Would it be recommended to replace the two large "coke cans," while recapping? I think they're on the Electrolytic Capacitor Board... If so any recommendations on what to replace them with?
 
Back
Top Bottom