• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Looking for a repair specialist in the WI fox valley

Michael L

New Member
I have a Pioneer SX-9930 that has a unknown issue
Was wondering if anyone would be able to take a look at it or give me any advice

Main caps have been replaced along with the power relay circuit
 
Register to hide this ad
Love to have one of those!
I lived in Appleton for 23 years before moving to Las Vegas 10 years ago.
Wonderful area. Great people and friends.
There's a guy in Pine River who has listings in CL. I think he does repair. If not, he might know who does.
 
He doesn't do the repairs himself. He has a guy he sends everything to. I bought some stuff from him when I first got started. You can look on Appleton CL and search Pine River....he posts about 10 items a week, usually toward the weekend. He has TON of stuff. Asks top $$, nice guy.
 
Question, was there a reason for the replacements or just for shits and giggles. The Main Filter Caps are the last I would replace unless they were actually heating up themselves or they were physically Puking thru the vent. Evaporation of the electrolytic is slow enough that the volume of it would take probably 50 years to even begin to show signs of drying out. This has been my experience with the Main Filter caps in various large PIONEERS and I've never replaced one yet (larger than sx626,636,650.780) that was running fine otherwise. My 1974 737 and 75 939 are happily running on the originals.

I can see replacing the relay. They take a lot of abuse and it's better to replace than try to nudge it along with DeOxit on paper cleanings which don't address the problem of pitting on the contacts, just cleans the carbon residue off them.

What's the problems with it right now.
 
Back
Top Bottom